6

coras pov

we got in the room and sat by each other since it was a small space. wishing 5 minutes we were both sweating profusely and it had to have been at least 115° in that tiny room.

john took his shirt off and sat it behind his head laying down. i had sweat literally dripping off my face as i was sitting up.

"hey we should play a game sarah and i always play." i said looking to him. he looked up at me.

"what game?"

"well it's like truth or dare but you don't do dares." i said on the verge of passing out.

"so truth?"

"yeah."

"okay sure go ahead."

"what do you need this story at the library for?" i ask.

"nothing i can't tell you it's dangerous."

"why did you want to come?"

"well for one i like adventures and two i wanted to prove to you i'm not the type of person to snitch and rat someone out."

"why do you hate kooks so much?"

"why do you think? they're all asshats."

"do you consider me one?"

"yeah by association. you're rich and related to the kook queen princess." he said.

it made me mad. he had no right to judge me off of my relatives.

"why do you—"

"no princess my turn." he said and i rolled my eyes.

"why are you nice to us?"

"because being mean gets you no where in life trust me my dad taught me that the hard way." i said reflecting on all the times he hit me.

"what do you mean?"

"oh well would you look at that we're here!!" i said standing up wiping the sweat from my face changing the subject.

thank god i changed the subject. that was a close one. i never told anyone but sarah about my dad. we then heard banging on the door.

"hey open up!!" someone yelled.

john grabbed my hand and we opened the door sprinting off the ferry and into town. i told sarah to cover for me and i knew she would. i didn't tell her who i was with just that i met someone.

we needed to go and change outfits and i picked out this cute little southern boutique. john b refused to go in and i dragged him in. he looked around and saw the price of a shirt.

"$193 i can't afford this."

"well i can so i'm buying." i said holding up the credit card.

i sat in the chair and watched him come out in countless amounts of ridiculous suits. i just laughed at him the entire time and he looked mad, but was trying not to smile.

he had been in the dressing room for a minute so i knocked on the door, "john are you okay?"

"i'm not coming out."

"oh come on i'm sure it not that bad."

"no."

"just let me see." i said opening the door. he was looking at himself shirtless in the mirror and instantly turned scared.

"oh my god are you checking yourself out?" i was laughing so hard at that moment.

"no." he said putting on the outfit really quick. it looked really good on him. i mean really good in him. i've never seen someone as hot as him.

"wow you clean up nice." i said smoothing it out and laughing. i was really close to him and had my arms around his neck folding the shirt.

"well since you picked out my outfit i pick yours out." he said with a cute smile on his face.

i agreed and had a lot of fun. i tried on a ton of ugly dresses and john thought it was so funny. i was making faces and giving thumbs down and changing them i saw one dress i liked.

i put it on and walked out spinning and looking at him. he looked shocked and lost for words. he sat there for a second.

"what do you think?"

"wow you look- clea- um no i mean you clean up nice." he said after stuttering a bit.

"wow johny you just have a way with words." i said putting my hand over my heart acting flattered.

"we need nicknames i'll be val and you can be vlad." i said in an accent and he went along with it.

"so do we have a winner?"

"yeah i think have a winner i think a o." he said walking up to me.

"can i ask you something? why'd you come?"

"for the adventure."

"for real."

"i'm 16 and my dad already planned my life. i'll be 30 at a yacht club full of rich people who only care about how many cars they can fill up there driveway with i just want out of the bubble wrap now before i can't change my life and end up an alcoholic."

"wow i kinda liked some of the bubble wrap." he smiled down really close to me.

"careful what you wish for." there was an awkward moment of silence.

"cmon we got a professional job to do let's go."
we walked out of the shop to the college library where the books were.

"you know you aren't as much of a kook as i thought." he said stopping.

"you just as much of a pogue as i thought." i laughed and looked over to him. he had a cute smile on his face and he stopped.

"what's that mean is that good or bad?"

"what do you think?" i stopped and he started to get closer to me.

"vlad you aren't being very professional we have a mission we must complete." i said in my accent.

he laughed and followed me through the college.