7

john b's pov

i didn't expect myself to have so much fun with the summer kook today. i mean she was nothing like i thought she was and i honestly was starting to like her maybe just a little bit.

we were walking through the campus and she told me about how all of their family came to school here, but she didn't want to.

"i just want to do something with my life and college is going to hold me back you know?" she said.

"wow really breaking out of the bubble wrap huh?" i said as we stopped in front of the library by some columns.

she leaned against one looking at me. we were both just smiling silent. it wasn't awkward. it felt right. i couldn't explain it. we were having a moment then mr. ward called her.

"oh shit." i said looking at it as she let it ring.

we both did fake phones at the same time and started acting like she was on the phone with her uncle.

"hey uncle ward what's up?" she faked.

"where are you i heard you're out with a boy?" i acted like i was him.

"ahh yes we are on a very important mission." she said in that cute accent she made up.

"that's no good i heard you were with the scooba their?" i fake trying to stay serious.

"yes yes he isn't what you think." she said trying to be serious as well.

"well i've heard he's quite the ladies man." i said and she immediately started to laugh.

coras pov

i was laughing really hard from what john b had said and dropped my fake phone.

"no he isn't; he constantly says dumb things, points fake guns, and not to mention checks himself out." i said laughing really hard at him losing my accent.

"uh well i heard she's totally into it."

"stay professional comrade." i said in the accent grabbing his hand and pulling him in the librar. we got near the private area and i stopped him.

"what do you really need this for?" i asked.

"i'm just curious."

"no john b seriously."

"okay fine we are looking for gold and we think this dude escaped from the ship with it and bought all this land."

"oh wow so you aren't going to tell me the real reason?" he stood there with a serious face.

"oh my gosh you are telling the truth! i want to help y'all."

"my friends probably wouldn't want that. they don't like kooks." he said and it made me mad. i wasn't a kook.

"no i didn't mean it like—"he tried but i just walked over to the lady working and told her my last name.

we got some in the library and got back to the ferry. we were both starving so we got some pizza and big drinks. we took funny pictures and he kept mentioning the stitches on my nose and my black eyes.

"i think it's cute." he said touching it.

"wow that's exactly why i got them. we were at that party and i was just think 'how can i get john b to notice me? oh my gosh yes get punched'." i said as we both laughed.

"it worked." he said looking over at me on the little bench we sat on.

"you are very unprofessional you know that?" i said changing the subject we talked about that for a while just joking around.

"what happens when we get back?" he asked me.

"what do you mean? can we not be friends?" i said confused.

"you have a different life than me. my friends wouldn't be to happy."

"i like your friends a lot maybe i could hang out with y'all i've always wanted to be like y'all since i noticed when i started coming here." i said.

"you know it can't be like that." he said and i turned and looked away.

he was right. i couldn't just be best friends with them everyone would scold me. and john b's friends wouldn't like it.

we got back and it was now pouring down rain. we walked off together and i turned and looked at him sticking out my hand.

"thanks for the adventure we can change our covers back now and go back to our old lives i had a lot of fun." he shook my hand and i turned starting to walk away.