12

coras pov

we were currently trying to sell the gold to a pawn shop and the lad didn't offer us enough, but told us where there warehouse was. we were in the car on the way.

"isn't this area kind of sketchy? there's nothing around us." i said looking out the window of the passenger seat.

"nah pogues don't get scared." jj said.

all of a sudden a cop pulled behind us. all of us started to panic and jj hid the gold. he didn't bring his gun he had and for once we needed it.

a guy got out of the cop car and came over to us. he pointed a huge gun in john b's face and told all of us to get out. he made us crouch by the car while he searched the car.

he was looking for the gold shot. jj put it in the seat, but i know he'll find it. john b tried to get up and jj pulled him back.

"dude just do what he says." john b of course didn't listen and went over to his car.

he got in and hid in the backseat. the guy found the gold and looked at us laughing before walking to his car. john b then attacked him and he took the gun. they both got out of the car and john beat him then grabbed the gold.

he threw his keys in the woods and walked back to the car. jj patted him on the back congratulating him and i stood there having flashbacks to my dad. i sat there before john came and hugged me.

i flinched first then hugged him back. we ended up at this guys house and jj ran through it and came back out with a bag of money.

"he tried to rob us so we rob him. i got $5,000 we can all split it i'll even give you a share cora." he said and we all stood there.

"no it's fine jj." i said smiling. i could tell her had underlying issues so i didn't want to overstep.

"jj you need to put that back we don't need a drug dealer after us." they all went off on him before he snapped.

"you know what i'll just keep all the money for my damn self." he said walking off alone.

i felt really bad, but decide to not go there as we went back home. john b was going fishing with ward in the morning then we would go get the rest of the gold.

john b's pov

i had just woken up at 3 am to go fishing with ward. he told me we needed to go the day i started living here and i agreed. i only agreed because cora thought it would be good.

we got out and it was fine at first then he started acting weird. he started talking about my dad and about the gold and i denied him. i didn't want anyone to know about it except my group.

i ignored him and went up to steer the boat to go back to the house. i was steering it back when he called my name. i turned around and saw a hook. he then attacked me.

we fought and i got knocked over the edge falling onto the deck. i ran through the hall with him chasing me and threatened to shoot him, but missed.

i ran to a room and climbed out of the window. i stole a jet ski and took it to the marsh before walking back to the château.

coras pov

i was sitting talking to sarah about john b and i. i told her how much i liked him and she was happy for me. her and kei started talking again and worked things out.

ward walked in grabbing his shoulder and we ran up to him. "are you okay? where's john b?" i asked him concerned.

"i don't know he took the jet ski and left. he stabbed me with a hook and then stole it and left."

"wait what? what happened why'd he do that?" sarah and i asked.

"i don't know things were going so well and then that happened. i think he got upset because i mentioned his dad, but he just snapped. he got drunk and was cussing me out."

that is crazy. i can't believe he would do something like this. i thought he was better than that. maybe they were right. maybe pogues were bad news.

we cleaned up and i went to my room. i was upset about what happened. i couldn't trust him after something like that who knows what he'd do to me.

i thought he was different, but in the end he's just like everyone said. he's just like my dad. he hurts people i should've known when he beat up that guy the other day.

i was about to go to bed when someone threw something at my window. i looked out and saw a flashlight. i went outside and john b pulled me to the side. i pushed him away from me.

"why are you here?"

"i needed to see you again look cora i don't know what ward told you-"

"he told me you attacked him and y'all got in a fight. is that true or not?"

"okay well that is true, but look it's not what you think it is he came after me."

"are you kidding me? first you assault him and stab him with a hook and now you're lying?"

"CORA?!" i heard someone's bout.

"no that isn't what happened he's lying to you."

"whatever you need to go now. stay away from me." i said with tears in my eyes and i walked out from the tree.

"i'm over here." i said as i looked back at john b who was standing there upset.

i walked over to ward and sarah and they hugged me. i slept until sarah's room that night and cried my self to sleep. she sat and comforted me through the night.

———————————

i have a black eye right now sorry this chapter sucked and it took me so long to update. i can barley see right now, but wanted to update it.

this story follows the plot line, but i made the scenes myself because i don't want to go back and get the words exact because it's a lot and i can't see like at all. hahha sorry!!!