15

FINAL

coras pov

we were now on surf boards paddling through the water. we were trying to make it to the light house so we could hide up their.

we had been out here for some time now probably about an hour now or a little over it and then john b stopped and looked over to me.

"what's up we're almost at the light house?" i said confused.

"i have to go back to my house." he said looking down.

"what do you mean? no you don't why?"

"my backpack is there and it has the gold and my dads compass."

"you can't go it's probably surrounded by cops."

"i'll be fine meet me at the dock by jj's." he said starting to swim the opposite way.

"john b wait i'll come with you!" i shouted going towards him.

"no it's to dangerous just meet me."

"okay be safe." i said trying not to tear up.

"i love you." he said as he paddled off.

i continued to paddle and let's just say it was harder than it looked. i was getting very dehydrated and tired, but i had to keep going.

"cora? is that you?" i heard voices say.

i looked up and saw a group of kooks. they were all on a boat drinking and having a good time. i tried to lay low and not be suspicious.

"oh hey guys."

"what're you doing?"

"you know just exploring i've never really been out here before." i said smiling looking around.

a man that had a water bottle offered it to me and i chugged it. i was so thirsty and tired i was starting to get dizzy and i hoped they didn't notice.

"why don't you come with us?"

"no no it's fine really."

"come on." they said pulling me in the boat.

shit.

john b's pov

i had gotten to the château and i saw the truck pulled by my house. they were looking through my stuff and i saw them come out with the gold and my backpack putting them in the car.

when they turned and went back inside i ran and got in the car taking my stuff back. i went to start the car and it wouldn't because the key wasn't in it.

i knew what to do. i got over the speaker asking them to come out because they know who it was obviously. they walked outside with their hands on their guns.

"hands up please i didn't do it." i said holding my hands up distressed.

"john b let's just talk."