9

coras pov

john b and i had grew really close and i think we liked each other. he was so funny and charming, nothing how sarah described pogues to be. i wanted him to tell his friends about us, but he said it's best to wait.

sarah and i were getting ready for this party where her and topper were going to be the it couple. as i put on the light pink flowy dress i was going to where and sarah put hers on.

she was doing my makeup for me because i sucked at it and i did her hair.

"sarah i kissed someone." i said not being able to keep it in any longer.

"shit seriously that's amazing who was it so i know him?" she said excitedly turning around.

"um i don't think you know him."

"is he a kook?" she asked.

"i uh no he's a pogue, but i promise he's not bad he's so nice and funny." i said gushing over him.

"well if you really like him i'm fine with it. is that who you were with the other day?"

"yeah it is."

"well is he a good kisser?"

"well from my experience he's the best kisser ever." i said laughing.

"oh well you have tons of experience so he must be good." we laughed and finished getting ready.

"you know who would be a good kisser in john b. he has really nice lips." sarah said and i froze trying not to show any emotion that it was him i was with.

"yeah i guess." i shrugged as we got to the party.

about half way through i saw jj in a servers outfit making his way towards me. he came up to me and handed me a not saying it was from john b. i smiled and opened it.

it said to meet him at 6 and it was now 5:50 so i excused myself from everyone going to the location. when i got there he had that cute smile on his face and hugged me.

"i need you to get me a map of the town from your uncles office." he said looking down at me.

"for the mission?"

"yeah meet me at around 9 tonight." he said kissing me.

"cora?" i heard sarah day and i pushed john b down to the floor and he crawled away.

"hey s i just wanted some fresh air." i said walking over to her.

"who was that?"

"oh no one." i said walking back in the party.

when we got back to the house i went up to wards office and i couldn't fine the map. it was already close to 9 so i decided to just go and ask sarah for help.

"hey sarah can you help me find a map of the town my friend needs it he's big into history." i said and she looked at me.

"are you going to tell me about your 'friend' i know you like him."

"i will later. oh here's the map love you bye." i said leaving and getting in the car.

i walked up when i heard him and his friends talking. maybe he was going to tell them about me and i could finally be friends with all of them. i stopped when i heard him say my name.

"i invited cora."

"john b are you serious she's a kook and your letting her in on this?" kie said.

"no it's not like that. i just need the map of the town and i'm using her for it." he said and i lost my step shocked by what he said and fell.

they all turned around and looked at me and i stood up looking at them. i was holding the map that he 'used' me to get and i stared at them trying to find words to say.

"oh uh hey um i- i'm sorry for being in yalls way i- just i never had real friends and i wanted to be friends with y'all." i said tearing up.

"cora i-"

"no no it's fine john b uh here's the map so you don't have to use me anymore i just wanted friends. i don't care who you are. i'm sorry for getting in yalls way i'll just i'll go now." i said as i threw the map at them and turned walking away wiping tear from my cheek.

i got a few steps and turned around looking at them one more time,"just so y'all know i don't want the money. i just wanted friends." i said before walking away and climbing up this tower sitting by the edge.

i cried for a little bit and finally when i got myself to stop i notice someone else walking up them. it of course was john b, but he wasn't with anyone he was alone.