10

coras pov

"what happened john b? i thought someone finally liked me." i said looking down with tears in my eyes.

"look cora." he said stepping closer to me so i stepped away from him near the edge of the stairs.

"i'm i just don't know what happened i didn't feel like explaining our relationship to our friends because they won't understand."

"john b yes they would are you kidding me you have the best group of friends in the world. i've watched y'all for years wishing i was a part of it and i finally thought i would be." i cried.

"at least be honest with me about it and don't lie." i said as i leaned against the rail.

"i really like you cora okay i know you don't believe it but i don't even know how to explain how much i like you." he said and i turned to look at him he looked serious, but i just couldn't let my guard down.

"at least tell me what i can do to fix this." he said.

"nothing. it's fine i've been alone my entire life. i can just go back to the bubble wrap i live in i guess."

"i want to be in the bubble wrap with you." he said coming beside me on the rail.

"well that's just to bad isn't it." i said and as i said it the railing gave out and before i fell he pushed me back and fell off.

i immediately panicked.

"john?" i called out. he didn't answer.

i ran down the stairs to him as fast as i could screaming for help. i saw his friends run over towards us and i was holding him.

"call an ambulance." i screamed trying to wake him up. i kissed him and grabbed his hand.

he just saved my life after i told him i didn't want him in it. how ironic. i cried as jj and pope picked him up and dragged him to the van. i called sarah and told her to meet me at the hospital.

i stayed with him all night and slept by his bed. i talked to my uncle about how he wanted the map because he was interested in history and as he was a pogue growing up, he offered to be his legal guardian.

john b had finally woken up and i immediately went up and squeezed his hand. sarah and ward walked in and looked at john b.

he told him how he signed off to be his guardian and while he didn't want it at first he finally agreed. we drove back to the house and ward set some ground rules.

"no sneaking in each other's rooms past midnight." he said and we laughed.

i showed him to his room which was down stairs while mine was upstairs and showed him around the house.

"cora i really am sorry." i sighed and looked at him. he looked like he had been through hell and back and it was all to save me.

"i know you are."

"no more secret relationship. i want you to be apart of the mission. you helped me and i know they will all like you if they get to know you he'll jj already does." he said and i squeezed his unbroken hand.

he took me with them to his meeting and let's just say it was very awkward. when kie walked in she was immediately mad at the sight of me.

"what the hell is she doing here?" she asked. i just sat there hoping he'd defend me.

"she's my girlfriend." he said smiling and kissing me.

"are you serious bro what the hell since when?" they all shouted at him.

"look i didn't expect it love just kinda walked in on us okay."

"if she's in i'm out." kie said.

"okay i'm sorry i just don't understand what i did to make you hate me."

"you're just like sarah so choose john b you know i'm really curious to know if you choose her or me." kie said standing over us and i looked at him.

"both." he shrugged.

"you can't pick both. you know what i'll make the choice easier. i'm out." she said walking off.

"you know what i'm gonna go john b they were your friends forever. they got here way before i did. i'll talk to you later." i said smiling saying bye to everyone and walking out.

i went home and went to sarah's room. i sat down on the bed and groaned.

"what's wrong? pogue life isn't good?"

"no it's not that. his friends hate me. especially kei she said i'm just like you what does that even mean?"

"well her and i were friends for a while then i didn't invite her to my birthday and she called the cops. i know it was her and i told everyone at school and they blacklisted her."

"that's really mean sarah why didn't you invite her to your party?"

"it just wasn't her type of party and i knew she wouldn't like it plus everyone at school pressured me not to which i know is dumb, but i've realized pogues aren't bad."

"well that's good y'all should make up."

"hell no she's still a bitch." sarah said laughing and i joined her.

"she's not she's just hardheaded." i said.

"yeah a hardheaded bitch." she said and we laughed even more i knew she was semi joking.

"just like you?"

"just like me." she said and we continued laughing.