08 | officially luna

Leon must have noticed my dazed expression as he gently rested his hand on mine and said, "You can do this, Charlotte

Leon must have noticed my dazed expression as he gently rested his hand on mine and said, "You can do this, Charlotte. You will make an incredible Luna."

His words filled me with a newfound sense of confidence. I was still nervous, though, as each pack had unique traditions for welcoming their new Luna.

Later, we retired to bed, and I drifted off to sleep almost instantly. Just before I dozed off, I caught a glimpse of Leon planting a tender kiss on my forehead. Over time, I had grown accustomed to him not wearing a shirt to sleep, but I knew that we needed to complete the mating process soon.

When I woke up, Leon's side of the bed was empty, and disappointment swept over me. However, a note beside the bed caught my attention.

"Princess," it read, "I've gone to the pack office. Meet me after you've finished breakfast. Leon."

A warm smile graced my lips as I read my new nickname. I couldn't deny that I liked it. I made my way downstairs, where Julia had prepared breakfast for me.

"Here's your breakfast, Luna," she said kindly. "I'll take my leave now."

As I savored the meal, I prepared to meet Leon at his office. I knocked on the door, and he invited me in, motioning for me to sit on the couch. Blushing slightly, I obliged.

I could hear a soft chuckle escape his lips, which only made my face turn an even deeper shade of red. "The Luna ceremony is happening today," he informed me. "So I've asked my sister to accompany you to find a dress. She'll meet you at the pack house later. And, oh, don't miss me too much when you're out shopping," he teased, his eyes sparkling mischievously.

My blush deepened, but I nodded, eager to meet his sister, Lily.

Before I even entered the house, Lily rushed to greet me. "Hi, I'm Lily. Leon asked me to take you shopping," she said with a friendly smile. We hit it off immediately and talked as if we'd known each other for ages.

We visited various shops in search of the perfect dress, but none seemed quite right. "My legs... hurt," I whined.

Lily, ever the optimist, encouraged me, saying, "Come on, just one last shop. I have a feeling your dress is waiting there for you."

"Okay," I relented, hoping she wouldn't report back to Leon that I was being lazy.

At the final shop, Lily picked out a dress and urged me to try it on. Inside the dressing room, I slipped into the gown, then emerged, feeling self-conscious as I awaited her verdict.

She stood there, examining me, her eyes alight with approval. "The dress is absolutely perfect for you. My brother won't be able to take his eyes off you. I had a feeling this blue dress was practically calling out your name when we walked in," Lily declared.

I was ecstatic to have finally found the right dress, and Lily even offered to help with my makeup and hair.

After getting ready, I met Leon again, and he greeted me with a warm hug. With a twinkle in his eye, he instructed me to change. The ceremony was about to begin, and he needed to attend to his part.

Lily graciously helped with my makeup and hair, and I couldn't help but admit that I looked stunning.

"Well, I don't know about you, but I don't think my brother will be able to contain himself when he sees you like this," Lily teased, causing me to blush profusely.

She escorted me to where the pack and Leon were waiting. Leon looked handsome in his suit, and I found it hard to take my eyes off him.

He stepped up to the microphone and addressed the crowd. "Attention, everyone! I've found my mate, Charlotte, and she will be our new Luna. Please treat her with respect and give her a warm welcome."

The pack erupted in cheers and whistles. I made my way to Leon, and he draped an arm around my waist, leaning in to whisper in my ear, "I can hardly contain myself with you in that dress. You look as beautiful as ever."

My cheeks reddened once more.

John, one of the pack leaders, stepped forward and announced, "Now, the Alpha and the Luna must make their vows and then light a candle. If it remains lit for one minute without blowing out, Charlotte will officially become our new Luna. If not, she will be banished from our pack forever."

I hadn't realized how serious this ritual was, and my heart raced as I grew nervous. What if the candle went out? Leon squeezed my hand, helping to calm my nerves.

"Do you, Charlotte, vow to protect the pack and accept your role as Luna of the Bloodmoon pack, ensuring the safety of all our members?" John inquired loudly and clearly.

"I do," I replied, doing my best to sound confident.

"Do you, Alpha Leon, accept your new Luna as your partner in safeguarding the Bloodmoon pack?"

"I do," Leon affirmed in his authoritative alpha tone.

Suddenly, John came forward and asked for my hand. I was taken aback, wondering what he was about to do. Before I could react, he sliced my hand, and the pain made me almost scream. I felt myself about to faint, but Leon caught me in time.

John then moved on to Leon, who didn't flinch in the slightest as his hand was cut. Our bleeding hands were joined together, merging our blood.

We held a lit candle between us, and my heart raced. This was the moment of truth, where we'd discover if the Moon Goddess had truly chosen us to be mates.

The entire pack watched in absolute silence for one long minute. Miraculously, the candle did not so much as flicker during that time. The crowd erupted in cheers, and Leon pulled me into a warm embrace, planting a loving kiss on my forehead.

We made our way to enjoy the post-ceremony meal and mingled with other pack members. Leon could tell I was exhausted, so he walked me back to his house and gently tucked me into bed.

That day was the happiest of my life. The title of Luna Charlotte sounded so perfect, and I couldn't wait to embrace my new role.

vote, comment and follow me for more updates!! ♡︎

rose,
xoxo