29 | cold war

What was I going to do now? The absence of his touch and the warmth of his embrace left me longing for him

What was I going to do now? The absence of his touch and the warmth of his embrace left me longing for him. I had felt so safe in his arms, and now, I was left alone with nothing but the cold sheets.

The previous night, in a fit of rage, I had told him that I would never share a bed with him again and had insisted he shouldn't bother talking to me. I had tossed and turned in bed all night, finally finding a position I could sleep in, albeit fitfully.

The next morning, sunlight streamed into the room, but I wasn't greeted by the husky voice that usually said good morning. Instead, I found a tray of delicious pancakes near my bed, along with a small note written in Leon's familiar handwriting that simply said, "I'm sorry."

I couldn't deny that his gesture touched me, but apologies couldn't erase the hurt I felt. The damage had been done, and I wasn't sure I could forgive him easily, if at all. Perhaps it had been a mistake to come here and stay with him.

Suddenly, the door burst open, and in walked Miss Blondie, Kenzie, with her trademark smirk.

"Woah, since when do you sleep here? Got kicked out of Leon's room?" She taunted.

"Or did he finally realize he doesn't need you anymore?" she continued, her words cutting deep.

I could feel my anger boiling over, and my wolf was ready to take control. I had had enough of her constant provocations. It was as if the cork on my fears had been removed, and a ferocious beast had emerged, replacing the weak and broken Luna.

"Are you done? I've had enough of your attempts to act superior," I shouted, my voice laced with anger. "Remember, I won the battle, not you. And in case you've forgotten, I'm the Luna, not you."

"So, I suggest you stop talking to me with that condescending tone, or I will ensure you're kicked out of this pack. What happens between me and Leon is none of your business, and just so you know, Leon will never choose you," I declared, my fury unmistakable.

At this point, I was beyond mad. All the pent-up hatred I had for her was spilling out, and I had no control over it.

"I've had enough of your nonsense. Get off your high horse and get out of my room! NOW!" I yelled.

Her eyes widened in shock, and she stared at me, momentarily speechless. When she finally found her voice, she said, "You will regret ever speaking to me like that!" With that, she stormed out of my room.

I had tolerated her for far too long, and finally, I had been able to tell her exactly what I thought. I wouldn't regret it one bit.

It was frustrating that she was still allowed to stay in this pack despite losing the battle. Leon's deep affection for his mother likely played a role in her continued presence.

The rest of the day passed slowly. I wandered around the house, spending most of my time in my room. I picked up a book my parents had given me called "The Legend."

The book delved into one of the rarest powers among werewolves, known as the Shining Light. According to the book, the last known werewolves to possess this power had perished in an ancient war.

These powers would manifest in times of extreme danger, triggered automatically. I was fascinated by the book and had lost track of time until dinner.

As I entered the kitchen to see what was on the menu, I was surprised to find Leon instead of Mary. He had prepared a beautifully plated steak for me with the words "I'm sorry" once again, but I pretended not to notice and dug into my food.

I sensed hurt in his eyes as he watched me ignore his apology. My heart raced silently, and I began to wonder if I had pushed things too far. He mumbled quietly, "I deserve it," as he continued to eat his own meal.

It's my birthday tomorrow, so I decided to give you all a chapter where Charlotte finally became a badass.

vote, comment, and follow for more updates!

rose,
xoxo