32 | dungeon

I clung desperately to a nearby tree for support, preventing myself from tumbling over the edge

"Get down," Kenzie urged, pushing harder against my back.

"No, stop!" I yelled, clinging to the tree for dear life.

I struggled to maintain my balance, listening intently as Leon's voice drew nearer. I needed him to see what his mother and Kenzie were trying to do to me.

Just as Leon came into view, his mother joined Kenzie in trying to push me, but she lost her balance and tumbled off the cliff. She attempted to drag me down with her, her hands clawing at my legs, but she only grasped empty air and plummeted off the precipice.

The scene unfolded in agonizing slow motion. She had tried to shove me, but she had been the one to fall. I stared in horror as Kenzie snapped back to her senses.

My mind briefly stuttered, and my vision became overwhelmed by light. My body went on autopilot as my thoughts struggled to catch up.

"Leon, she... she... pushed your mother off that cliff," Kenzie stammered, pointing at me.

Leon stared at me with wide, disbelieving eyes.

"I... didn't do it! They tried to push me off the cliff first, but your mother lost her balance and fell," I cried out.

He saw it, right? He saw that I hadn't pushed her?

"She's dead, my mother is dead! What the hell did you guys do?" he shouted.

"I don't know what happened, but Charlotte, I saw you very close to my mother, your hand on her," Leon shouted.

He believed it was me. He believed that I had pushed his mother off the cliff.

Words failed me. I gazed into his furious, bright blue eyes, and my heart sank. I tried to speak, but my lips remained paralyzed.

Everything seemed to move in slow motion, as if submerged underwater. He walked away, leaving me behind in a world of silence.

The journey back home was marked by his somber silence. Even Kenzie didn't dare to utter a word.

Upon arriving home, I attempted to process the bewildering turn of events. He didn't trust me at all. I had endured all of his mother's and Kenzie's mistreatment alone, only to receive no trust from him in the end.

I had told myself that mates were supposed to believe and trust each other, and now I discovered that he didn't believe me at all.

To clear my mind, I ventured outside. I was astonished to find pack members gathered outside, shouting and clamoring. They pounded on doors and windows, demanding answers.

"It's you! You were the one who killed the alpha's mother!" one of them accused.

How had they learned what had transpired? Who had informed them?

"Kick her out of the pack! Kick her out of the pack!" they chanted in unison.

I covered my ears and begged for them to stop, but they paid no heed.

Leon intervened, calming the agitated crowd and instructing them to return to their homes while he dealt with the situation.

He approached me and, without offering comfort or a hug, grabbed my hand and led me to his office.

By then, tears had welled up in my eyes, ready to cascade down my cheeks.

"Do... do you believe me?" I implored.

He gazed at me with sad, emotionless eyes. "I... have no idea."

He didn't believe me. His words and the emptiness in his eyes made that painfully clear.

"I've come up with a solution to ensure the pack remains calm and avoids chaos," he declared.

He didn't believe me.

I could discern it in his tone, in the vacant look in his eyes. There was no love, no concern, no sympathy. Just emptiness.

"I will place you in the dungeon temporarily, but don't worry, it won't be for long," he said.

we all hating on Leon again😌💅🏻

vote, comment, and follow me for more updates!! ♡︎

rose,
xoxo