38 | powerless

"As long as Leon arrives, and once I've taken your powers, I'll cease the torture," Austin declared

His words dripped with sadistic satisfaction as he continued, "I relish the sensation of hearing your screams and pleas for mercy, just like I did before. It makes me feel all-powerful, knowing I have control over you," he added, his face contorting into a sinister smirk.

"You're utterly revolting," I retorted.

"What did you just say!" He bellowed

He slapped my cheek hard, followed by blows in my stomach. I winced but tried my best to not shout and scream. I will not give him what he wants.

I won't give him the satisfaction of begging for mercy. I couldn't care less about Leon's arrival. In fact, if he doesn't come, his pack will be safe.

However, if he does come, it spells trouble for both of us.

"What's taking your precious mate so long! I thought I ordered someone to send him a bottle of your blood, shouldn't he be more anxious now. Or is it, he's not that anxious much. Maybe more blood and your weak state will make him hurry up!" He shouted.

He took out a whip from behind and pinned me on the cold, hard ground. He brought it high up and brought it down, whipping my back.

One whip and a big red mark was formed, but he did not stop. He did it ten times and each time, I tried to control my screams.

But the last few, he whipped his hardest, causing my screams of pain to echo through the entire place we were in.

The whip had my deep, red blood on it as my back ached with pain. I could not sit up or stand, and he left me there, like a dead body. But I knew he was coming back.

I lay sprawled on the ground, my face contorted in agony, my skin ashen and clammy. The pain surged through my gut, a deep and searing sensation, far from anything remotely pleasant. It felt as if a vice-like grip clamped onto my organs, alternately gentle and merciless.

I had an unsettling certainty that this would be my final resting place. My weakness rendered me incapable of escape, and even if I could manage it, where could I possibly go?

Returning to Leon's would undoubtedly lead to incarceration in the dungeon. Staying here, on the other hand, would likely be where I'd draw my last breath.

The wounds on my back throbbed relentlessly, oozing blood that would take months to heal, leaving behind the inevitable scars.

Let's not sugarcoat it—death loomed ominously before me. There was no way to put it more gently; it stood right at my doorstep.

I couldn't ascertain how long I had drifted into an uneasy slumber, but I was jolted awake by the shock of icy water cascading over my body

I screamed at the coldness as well as when the water touched all my wounds. There is a stake being hammered into my lower back, the strikes radiating pain in a way that shatters my brain - or at least that's what it feels like. I lie so still, breathing shallow.

"Pain isn't it? Well, I don't care. I sent a photo of you yesterday in your poor state to your mate and I guess it's working." He said.

"He's contacted nearly everyone to track you down, but let's lend him a hand, shall we? I'll drop a clue about our location to expedite his arrival. When the sun shines its brightest in the afternoon, I'll strip you of your powers," he declared.

He continued, his tone ominous, "If by some miracle you manage to escape, although I doubt it, remember that I can locate you, no matter where you hide."

Time crawled by as I sat there, contemplating whether he would truly be foolish enough to come for me. It struck me that Leon had once confined me to a dungeon, much like Austin was subjecting me to now.

Yet, these two forms of torment were vastly distinct. Leon, my mate, the one I had believed loved and trusted me, had imprisoned me in a dungeon.

Austin, this deranged individual, was subjecting me to excruciating torture.

As the sun gradually spilled its brilliant hues of orange and red across the horizon, I knew it was time to bid farewell to the powers I had barely used or understood. If Austin were to seize control of Leon's pack, it would spell doom for all of us.

A sinister shadow loomed in my field of vision, drawing closer with each passing moment, filling me with an increasing sense of dread

I got a writer's block writing this, but I hope you all enjoyed it!!

vote, comment and follow me for more updates!! ♡︎

rose,
xoxo