IX

"(Y-y/n)?" She looks at me in disbelief and back away. "Hehehe... You actually think I didn't come in prepared?" After saying that. A bunch of ghoul thugs jumoed out of the shadows. Attacking me immediately. I roughly kicked one of them on the side, throwing them to the other side of the alley way. I pushed another one away from me and stabbed the two behind me with my koukaku chimera. It dissapeared into dust once when I pulled them out of the men. The sliced man growed as he soon he saw all his men passed away and so does him. "(Y/n)?" I turn around and saw the the feared mirani. Her eyes were widen and she covered her face in fear. "P-please don't eat me!" She yells in fear. I stepped forward and took her hand out. "I won't, don't worry.. If I wanted to I would've done it long ago." I say. "If you want I'll leave you alone until your comfortable with me." I continue. She slowly uncovers her eyes and takss her hand and gets up. "What are you gonna do with them?"

"Their ghouls so they'll be fine, but I should by them coffee as an apology." I say. "Are you gonna go home?" I turn to her. "Since this happened.. I'm too scared to go home alone so..."

"I understand..."

-

The two of us went to a near by convinient store and bought at least 7 cans of coffee and mirani's most favorite soda drink and a first aid kit. We went back to the alley way which mirani didn't wanted to go, but I made her go with me by leaving her alone for a second. The unconcious men were still there at the same place. I arranged their bodies to sit next to each other and placed the cans of coffee infront of them. Except for the two cans of coffee for they were for me and touka. Mirani already drinking the soda she bought.

The two of us walked to her home. It was awkward since no one bothered to start a conversation. Until mirani did.

"Why did you help those men? They were going to have me for dinner you know.."

"Someone taught me to be kind to my fellow kind. I was raised like that." This was the first time I ever opened up to someone. The two never even did these sort of things as well.. "That's quite kind of you."

"Besides I understand what their feeling so I had to do it."

-

Me and mirani were able to open up abit and each others trust grew. We became closer than ever. Ofcourse we weren't leaving akari behind. But I still didn't had the courage to tell akari about this. Even though mirani encouraged me so many times.

-

We planmed to eat at akari's favorite resturant. Three of us has been friends for over a year now and were already comfortable with each other. We just finished our final exams and so we're celebrating akari's last day here at tokyo since she'll be leaving to go to osaka at summer to continue studying highschool there.

But when I wasn't on guard was when my friends were in danger.
.
.
.

Mirani was murdered during the summer. Me and akari was invited in their funerals. Her parents told  us that the investigatprs told them that it were a group of ghouls. Anger boiled inside me. I assume that those thugs from earlier were the one's who caused this. I already warned them to stay away from her, yet they still continued to devour her.

But akari was different. They explained that they've been friends since elementary and that mirani always helped her through tough times. She was so angry and sad she couldn't bother talking to me.

-

But after a week of her death she messaged me to meet her outside my home. When I saw her she had dark circle under hsr eues and shs looked like shs hasn't showered in days. "I'm sorry for not saying something for so long." She says looking down. Gripping the handle of her suitcase tighter. "I understand."

"My flight will be in 5 hours. Is it alright if we have our last meal before I leave?"

And here we were. The two of us eating awkwardly on the counter at the empty ramen shop. Suddenly akari started to pour down all her emotions down. I didn't notice that tears started to fall down my cheeks aswell. The two of us just awkwardly cried quietly until we finished our food. I ordered the smallest bowl while she ordered the largest. We parted ways again and I never saw her again ever since. Since she stopped keeling in touch with me. I went back home throwing up all the food I wasted. But I wanted to eat it for the comfort of my friend.

-

"Here's your order ma'am." I smile at the lady who looks like their in their early 70's as she smiles back. "Thank you dear." I started to work in the cafe when I turned 14. Actually when I started attending school. The ring of the bell was heard across the entire cafe. I turned around and smiled at the new customer. "Welcome to anteiku!" We all say joyfully. We tried our very best not to cringe once when we saw the binge eater enter the large room. I disliked her very much since a peaceful place like the 20th will soon be ruined thanks to her.

-

I was too scared to make friends again after the incident I didn't wanted to get hurt again after her death so I stopped socializing with people.

-

It appears that the man who would always visit our cafe was one of rice's victim once again. And also that her blood is now in the Male. Well that's what I heard from yoshimura. The Male started to work in our cafe after his whining about him not knowing if he was human or ghoul.

My phone started ringing when I was studying in my room. It was touka. It appears she caught nishiki trying to kill kaneki and his friend and she asked for help to bring her back to the cafe.

-

Yeah this is bad