XII

"I bought that book..." I say looking over at the door. "Wait so you read Sen takatsuki?" Kaneki asked in shock. "No not really. I friend recommended these books for my sister to read on her spare time." I say remembering akari since she was always a bookworm. Always sticking her nose on so many words with her clouded glasses. "My friend actually reminds me of you. You two are practically the same." I smile at him. "Is she ghoul or human?"

"She's human." I answered. "She not here anymore. She moved out of tokyo without a choice." I say remembering these things. "I actually used to be like hinami. Always wanting to learn things and learning them right away."

"Now that you mention it. I haven't seen you when you were hinami's age, but you are similar with your mother."

"You really think so? People more think that I'm similar with my father, but you never met him so..." It was quiet all of a sudden. "If you asked either the old staff here like touka they'll definitely tell you I was like hinami before." I tell him.

-

"Bye! We'll be off!" Ryoko says. "Bye, bye everyone!" Hinami says. "I'm sorry I can't join in. As you can see I still have to finish my shift so..." I try to explain. Ryoko Pat's my head and smiles at me. "Its alright dear. We'll be safe I promise. We'll be back as soon as we bought all the things we need." She reassures. "As soon as I'm done with my shift I'll go and join you two alright?"

"It's okay. We don't need yourself okay?" Hinami smiles at me which stringed my heart. "Hinami that was rude." Ryoko says.

-

My shift is almost finished. I feel so excited to bond again with my mother and sister. The bell of the door rang and I looked over to who it was. "Welcome to anteiku-" It was kaneki and hinami. "Wh-where's... Mom..." After I said that hinami burted in tears and ran off upstairs. "Wait hinami!" I looked over at kaneki in anger and pulled his collar up and pinned him on the wall. Lifting him up in anger. "Where the hell is my mother?" At this point my bakugan was already out in anger. ""I-I'm sorry (y/n). I was useless! I wish you were the one who were there and not me! I was too weak to fight the doves!" His tears started fall off his sockets. I looked down and lowered him down. "It's not your fault Ken.." I let go of of his collar and punched the walls leaving a small crack on it. "If only I ditched working here for them..." I say and ran upstairs.

-

Yoshimura requested for a meeting upstairs. I sat beside nishiki and stayed quiet. Trying my very best not to cry. Soon then the person we were waiting for finally arrived. "Welcome back. Feeling better?" Yoshimura asked. "Much better thanks. I'm sorry for missing work." She apologises. "I understand."

"So... What's with all the doom and gloom?"

"Earlier today, investors found ryoko. She didn't make it out alive." Her eyes widen and slams her fist on the wall. "Goddamit!"

"And hinami? Please dont tell they got her too."

"No she's fine, she's sleeping in the next room."

"Thank goodness, they didn't see her face did they?" Yoshimura stayed quiet indicating that it was a yes. She dropped down on the floor. "I can't believe this. I didn't think things could get any worse."

"It's too dangerous now. When it calms down. It would be best to move to the 24th ward." Yoshimura explains to us. "You're kidding right? There's no way she could've survived all alone there!"

"Calm down."

"Why not just kill the doves and be done with it!? They had it coming. What do you say are you in yomo? (Y/n) you gotta take revenge I haven't seen you violent in a while! If we work together we can beat them-"

"Forget it. If we killed doves in the 20th ward it'll attract attention. They'll send reinforcements for revenge. They'll hunt us to extinction."

"But still-"

"Drop it touka."

"Sorry I have to agree with yomo. We cannot make a move against the doves. As much as I want that to happen. We have think about everyone's safety."

"You're gonna let them get away with it? You're one of our own and your just gonna sit here and let it slide!? What's hinami gonna think when she finds out? That your too scared to take revenge of her mother's death!"

"Touka! I'm here you know. And I'd rather agree with yoshimura and yomo than to do such things to men that were just doing their prayed jobs." Touka slammed the door and ran off to our apartment.

-

I sighed and made coffee for touka to calm her down. "Touka?" I called opening her room door seeing it empty. I sigh and placed the covered cup on her desk and quickly went to my room and quickly changed into different clothing as soon as possible. I then took my mask and ran off to follow her scent. There I saw a investigator that was out smarting kirishima. Blooding dripping out of her clothing. I tried my very best to not react when I saw my father being used by an investigator and snatched touka away from their sight. "seems like we have another ghoul to handle." Mado says with a smirk once we left.

Once when we were farther away I roughly threw her to a near by rooftop in anger. "What the hell were you thinking kirishima!? Didn't you hear what Yoshimura said-"

"I heard what he said! I just wanted to take revenge for hinami that's all.."

"And you actually thought hinami would be happy seeing you trying to bring people to the same fate as mom?" I asked. She stayed quiet and looked down. "That's what I thought."

"Your injury won't be my responsibility since you didn't follow yoshimura's words." I say and jumped out of the rooftop.