13

ellie's pov

I was standing in my room pacing back and forth running my fingers through my hair trying to think of all the possible reasons that Jaden could have that he didn't want to talk to me. I had no idea what I did to make him so upset. There is no way that he likes me as anything more than friends though, at least I didn't think so. He could do so much better than me, there was no way he liked me. My thought were interrupted when there was a knock at my door. "Come in," I said with a shaky voice. The door opened and there stood my brother. "What do you want Bryce?"

He sighed, "I am just doing what a big brother should do when their little sister is upset." He opened his arms. 

I hugged him tight and tried not to cry but I failed. "What did I do wrong Bryce? I mean how come guys always abandon me. It just isn't fair like why won't Jaden just talk to em instead of just avoiding me at all costs. I have absolutely no fucking clue what the hell I did to make him so upset." I was shaking so bad, and all the old memories of living back home came rushing back making me cry harder. "I fucking hate life Bryce."

He just hugged me tight and rubbed my back trying to calm me down, "I am always here for you through everything Elle, never forget that. You and Jaden just need to talk it out because I can't be the one who tells you what is going on, as I don't have the place to tell you. Jade is the only one who can. He is just hurting right now Elle. I really don't get how you don't see it though, but I am not going to be the one to tell you. Jaden has to be the one to tell you, if you really are that oblivious to it."

I looked up at him, "I just don't understand. What is it that everyone else sees that I don't?" 

He shrugged,"You will just have to find out from Jaden. Now go talk to him please. You are both the most stubborn people ever and you both just need to get over it and talk your problems out like normal people."

I smiled and hugged him, "You're right. Thank you so much Bryce."

He smiled and hugged me back, "Anytime Elle. I will always be here for you no matter what, you know that right?"

I smiled and nodded, "Of course." I walked out and walked down the hall to Jaden's room. I stopped outside of his door and took a deep breath before knocking on the door. I stood there nervous hoping everything would be okay between Jaden and I.

"Come in."

I took a deep breath and slowly opened the door and walked into his room. Jaden was laying in bed shirtless scrolling through his phone.  "Hey, uh... can we talk?" 

He nodded, "Yeah of course." He sat up so that he was sitting on the edge of the bed. I looked at him and his eyes were red and puffy, he had definitely been crying. His hair was a mess, he hadn't left his room in a day. I felt awful. This was all my fault

As he opened his mouth to say something I just blurted out, "Jaden, can you please just tell me what the fuck I did to make you so upset with me? Everyone else seems to know what the hell is going on besides me." 

He looked down and ran his fingers through his hair, I could tell he was nervous. I waited for him to answer. 

After what felt like forever he looked up, "Is it really not obvious?" 

I shook my head, "No not all Jaden. I have no fucking clue what the hell is actually going on."

He scratched the back of his neck nervously, "I really fucking like you Ellie. I thought you knew that and when you friend zoned me it really fucking hurt me. I thought you knew that I liked you and you were trying to hint at the fact that you didn't like me back. I really thought that it was blatantly obvious that I liked you." He looked down at the ground and ran hi fingers through his hair.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I smiled and reached out and lifted his chin so that he was looking at me. There were tears in his eyes. Seeing him like that made my heart hurt. "Jae, i had absolutely no idea you felt that way. I thought you were the one who wanted to be just friends. I was scared to tell you how I felt because I was afraid that you wouldn't feel the same way and then i would lose my best friend. I can't lose you Jae. I really like you too. I am so -" 

Jade cut me off. He pulled me close and our lips crashed together. I felt sparks. This kiss felt unlike any other kiss I had ever had. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first attempt of writing a real chapter. Let me know what you think of it. Should I do more real chapters? How are you liking the book so far?