30

Bryce and I stood up immediately and walked over towards him. I was honestly scared that maybe something and gone wrong, and we had lost her. I just couldn't lose her, the thought of maybe winning her back someday was the only thing that kept me going the past couple of months.

The doctor cleared his throat. "Well, I have some good news for you guys."

I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding in and I said, "I-is she ok?"

The doctor nodded, "Yes, the surgery went well, and they were able to stop the bleeding."

Bryce let out a sigh of relief, and I knew he would finally be able to calm down, as Ellie was his little sister, and he couldn't imagine life without her. But I knew whoever did this to her would really regret ever messing with her whenever Bryce was done with them. Bryce is way overprotective when it comes to Ellie. They may argue a lot, but they wouldn't be able to live without each other, and everyone knows that.

Bryce finally spoke, "May we go see her?"

The doctor nodded, "Yes you may, follow me."

We followed him to the room, and the doctor said he wanted to speak with Bryce out in the hall, so Bryce told me to go on in and sit with her while he got everything figured out.

I walked into the room, and I teared up seeing her laying there on the bed with all the tubes attached to her. I sat in the chair next to the bed and reached over and gently took her hand in mine, and gently rubbed circles on her hand with my thumb. She always had loved when I did this. It felt so good to have her hand in mine once again. It just fit perfectly.

I felt tears roll down my cheeks and I just looked down at our hands, "I don't know if you can hear me Ellie, but I really just need to tell you this. Every day since I lost you has been complete fucking misery. I was completely fucking lost. I spent most of my days getting drunk or high. It was the only thing that took away the pain that I felt that I felt as though I wouldn't ever be able to escape. I tried getting with other girls to try to convince myself that I was no good for you, and that maybe I was wrong about you, but no matter who I was with you were always the one that I was thinking of and wanted nothing more than to be with. I know I don't deserve someone as amazing as you, but I need you. Ever since you first came into my life, you have continued to make me a better person. I can't imagine life without you by my side, and I don't want to either. You are the one for me, and I have never been more sure about anything in my life. I am so fucking in love with you Ellie."

I looked up to her and I noticed she was starting to wake up.

I was about to say something when someone burst into the room. I turned to see who had came in, and it was Quinton. Ellie smiled seeing him, quickly pulling her hand out of mine.

He seemed to let out a sigh of relief, and rushed over to her side, "Oh my god, thank god you are okay. Josh called me and I got here as soon as I could."

She smiled as he kissed her forehead, "I'm glad you made it baby."

Quinton sighed, "I'm so glad you are okay. You really scared me so bad babe, I thought I was going to lose you."

She frowned, "I'm sorry babe. I didn't mean for it to go this far."

I got up, "I'll let you guys talk."

Ellie smiled slightly at me as I walked out, while Quinton just glared at me.

ellie's pov

I didn't know what happened. I didn't remember anything within the last 24 hours.

Quinton took a seat next to me pulling my hand into his, "Why did you do this?"

I shrugged as I felt tears roll down my cheeks, "I-it all got to be too much."

He reached up to wipe my tears away and cupped my cheeks looking into my eyes, "You're amazing, and we all need you here. Don't ever let anyone tell you any different. You should have just talked to me babe. How long have you been doing this to yourself."

I looked down and muttered. "A couple months, but this time I cut a lot deeper and I just lost a lot of blood, but everything is okay now I promise."

He placed his finger under my chin and lifted it so I was looking at him, and he pressed his lips softly against mine.

For some odd reason, it just didn't feel right. I had no idea why. It felt so wrong to be kissing him.

We were interrupted when Bryce came in.

—————————————————-
authors note
i hope you guys like this chapter. how do you feel about what is going on? still feel free to leave any ideas or suggestions that you may have for the story. i'm trying to come out with good quality chapters as fast as i can for you guys. i love you all so much❤️❤️