32

ellie's pov
I tried to wrap my mind around everything that just happened. I couldn't believe I couldn't remember what had happened with Quinton.

My thinking was interrupted when I heard someone knock, "Come in."

Jaden walked in and instantly I relaxed. He smiled nervously scratching the back of his neck, "Hey, I thought you could use some company."

I smiled motioning to the seat next to the bed, "Sounds great."

He smiled sitting next to me, and I could just tell something was bothering him. He was acting sort of strange and off.

I took his hand in mine and looked at him, "Jae, what happened with Quinton? I can't remember."

He rubbed his thumb in circles on the back of my hand and bit his lip nervously before speaking, "H-he abused you Ellie."

All of a sudden everything came rushing back, and I couldn't believe it. Quinton was always so sweet and loving, and for him to do what he did to me was not at all like him. It made me sick thinking about the fact that he was here acting as if nothing had happened.

Jaden squeezed my hand gently, "Hey E, look at me. Everything is going to be okay. I promise you. I will never let you out of my sight again. I already screwed up once when I lost you, and I can't lose you again. When I found you laying on your bathroom floor unconscious, it broke me into a million little pieces and I thought I was going to lose you for good, and I couldn't even imagine what my life would be like without you in it. I need you in my life. You mean the absolute world to me Ellery Maeve Hall. I already lost you once, and I just can't lose you again. I need you. I'm the biggest idiot for doing what I did to you, and I will never forgive myself for it. I am so helplessly in love with you." He finally looked up at me with tears in his eyes.

I smiled wide, as tears formed in my eyes, "Jaden, don't be so hard on yourself. It's been you Jae. I need you in my life again. I've missed you more than anything, and the past 6 months of my life have been complete shit without you. Yeah I liked Quinton, but I was in love with you. I never once ever felt the same way with him as I did with you. You are the one for me. I don't ever want to lose you again, I can't lose you again. I'm so in love with you Jae."

He smiled big like a little kid looking up at me, "You really mean it?"

I smiled nodding, "Of course I do Jae."

He smiled instantly kissing me.

We quickly pulled away when someone entered.

Bryce was standing there, looking at us smiling, "I knew it."

Jaden scratched the back of his neck nervously. I could tell he was kind of embarrassed we had been caught by my brother.

I laughed rolling my eyes, "Shut up asshole."

Bryce laughed shaking his head, "Never gonna happen E."

I rolled my eyes, "Ugh you're so annoying."

Bryce laughed, "Yeah I know, but you love me."

I shrugged, "I guess I do, but I love Jaden more."

Jaden smiles big like a little kid, "Let's go!!!" He started teasing Bryce, "Haha haha your sister likes me more!"

Bryce laughed shaking his head, "I'm actually hurt."

I smiled, seeing the two people I cared about the most get along so well. I couldn't be happier.

——————————-
author's note

i know this chapter is short, but i just had to get ellie and jaden to talk through things. there will be a short time skip to where she is out of the hospital, so that things can just go back to normal. i hope you guys all like this chapter!!

i love you all❤️