sixteen

A/N: to everyone who read the last chapter before I edited it, just ignore that I ever said she works at Levi's I'm not sure why I ever thought that made sense lmao
She works at a supermarket ---->
______________________________________

"You're welcome, enjoy your day." Taigi smiled from behind the counter as she bid goodbye to yet another happy customer.

"Looks like someone's in a good mood this morning."

Taigi turned around to face the till behind her which was accompanied by her coworker (Jaylee) grinning at her mischievously. Jaylee was somewhat suspicious to say the least. Taigi usually didn't like work in general nevermind morning shifts.

"Why not." Taigi replied with a bigger smile than before. "It's a nice day after all." She continued before turning back around to surve someone else.

"You're not usually like this at work?" Jaylee retorted, her eyebrows knitted together in confusion as she talked to Taigi through their connected earpieces.

Taigi shrugged, "Just in a better mood than usual I guess."

Jaylee nodded slowly, still a little confused, "You do you."

Taigi herself didn't exactly know the reason for her sudden change in attitude. The only thing she could think about was her previous conversation with Jungkook.

She'd noticed that recently every time she talks to Jungkook it seems to put her in a happy mood. Just something about him...

"Is that all?" Taigi asked as she looked up at the old lady in front of her. The woman nodded with a smile. "Okay that'd be 22824.91 won please." She said as she returned the smile.

The old lady passed Taigi her money before grabbing her bag full of food. She thanked Taigi and Taigi said goodbye before it was time to serve the next person in que...

"Morning Teddy."

Taigi froze for a second, her eyes glued to the food she was scanning. That voice. That name. That motherfucker...

"Jungkook? What are you doing here?" Taigi questioned as she looked up to meet eyes with her friend.

She was surprised, confused, but...happy at the same time. She'd had that thought every now and then about what it might be like to meet him in person...but she never expected it to be like this. Not that she was complaining though.

"Just doing a bit of weekly shopping." Jungkook answered with a shrug, his lips pursed as he tried not to grin like an idiot. "What about you?"

"Training to be an astronaut." Taigi replied as she rolled her eyes.

"Ah there she is. The sarcastic Teddy we all know an love." Jungkook said as he let out a small smile.

"Shut up." Taigi retorted with a soft chuckle, averting her gaze back to the food as she tucked lose strands of hair behind her ear.

"So..." Jungkook began, sliding his hands into his pockets as he straightened his back, "How's your shift been so far?" He asked, his head tilted down slightly but his eyes still examining how much prettier Taigi was in person.

"Well stalker man if you must know," Taigi began to explain, making Jungkook let out a small chuckle, "It's been alright." She continued with a smile.

"Good to hear." Jungkook replied, smiling back at the girl in front of him who he just couldn't seem to take his eyes off of.

Jungkook suddenly went into some kind of daze, unable to think about anything other than what he had been staring at this whole time. To him it felt like he'd seen an angel. Her pretty smile, her cute button nose, her beautiful eyes, her gorgeous hair. Jungkook couldn't get enough.

"Ahem."

Suddenly being brought back from his daydream, Jungkook shook his head and smiled, "How much?" He asked.

"30,385.51 won." Taigi answered, handing Jungkook his receipt.

"Heere you go." Jungkook handed over his money with a somewhat cheerful tone before picking up his bag off of the till. "I'll text you later." He whispered loud enough for Taigi to hear, a big grin on his face.

And with that, Jungkook walked away towards the exit of the shop, leaving Taigi to do nothing but stare in bewilderment as she watched the boy leave.

She was still surprised by their sudden meeting. Not only that, she also had trouble believing that who she was seeing was real. Taigi thought he was good looking in the pictures he sent her but seeing it with her own eyes and in person was a whole other experience...

***

"So...who's the boy?"

Taigi was about to head home after finishing her shift when Jaylee turned up out of nowhere to begin questioning her.

"Just a friend." Taigi answered, subconsciously smiling to herself as she did so.

"Oooooo is that why you've been in such a good mood recently?" Jaylee asked teasingly, wiggling her eyebrows.

"I don't know." Taigi shrugged, genuinely unsure herself.

"What do mean you 'don't know'?" Jaylee scoffed, "I think it's pretty obvious." She continued with a mischievous smirk.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." Taigi rolled her eyes, trying not to smile. She grabbed her bag, "I'm going home now. See you tomorrow." She said to Jaylee before she began walking away.

"You know he's the reason! You gotta stop denying it gee!" Jaylee shouted as she cupped her hands around her mouth.

Taigi just stuck her middle finger up before walking out the door, causing her coworker to laugh to herself. She'll realise eventually...

Sorry if this chapters a bit shit and took a while, I've been busy and hadn't managed to get around to writing until now lol

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your evening or day depending on where you are :)