thirty five

Her heart was racing. Her palms were sweating. Her mind was full.

Despite it not being a real date, Taigi's mind seemed to treat it as though it was. She knew there was nothing attached. No feelings, nothing to come from it afterwards. However Taigi was still somewhat of a nervous wreck, her fingers fiddling with her dress as she sat on her sofa ready, anticipating Jungkook's arrival.

She felt like she was in high school all over again. Even though she'd never had the opportunity to be sat in this position before, waiting for her date to sweep her away, it's like the feeling just came naturally to her.

A small part of her kept thinking she considered it a real date and was actually exited to go out with him as more than friends but she still kept telling herself otherwise. She didn't know why she was having those thoughts but she didn't dare to question, simply pushing them aside just made it easier.

After a few more moments of waiting, Taigi finally heard a knock on her door, making her shoot up in excitement almost instantly.

Jungkook, dressed in a casual yet smart suit, stood on the opposite side of Taigi's front door with a bouquet of flowers, rocking back and forth on his feet nervously.

He was confused. He normally felt so confident and ready in these situations but at that moment he felt like he was constantly worrying about everything, did his suit look okay? Did he choose the right flowers? What if she changes her mind? What if something goes wrong?

Millions of questions flooded his mind like a broken damn flooding a town. He had no reason to worry, yet that was all he could do besides getting excited.

Jungkook had taken Taigi out before and those places were practically like dates anyway but when it was decided as an official date between the two, the boy couldn't have been any happier. The only problem for him though was...he knew it wasn't actually serious. He was just a friend helping a friend, nothing more...

"Just a sec!"

After hearing a familiar voice shout from inside, Jungkook was brought back to his senses and was preparing himself mentally for what was to come.

Meanwhile Taigi was just stood by the front door, biting her bottom lip nervously. What if something happens and it ruins our friendship? Was all she could think. She was scared but exited, nervous but happy. Of course nothing's gonna happen just go and have fun, what could possibly go wrong?

Taigi took a deep breath before opening her front door, revealing a handsome looking Jungkook.

Seeing Taigi in that doorway made Jungkook's mind go numb. Her beauty itself to him was mesmerising, her shiny brown eyes practically hypnotizing him.

The way her dress was fitted to her curves, the way her silky brown hair hung over her shoulders, the way she smiled at him...

Jungkook cleared his throat, "I uhh, I got these for you." He said as he handed Taigi the bouquet of flowers.

Taigi's eyes lit up like a flame, a big smile forming on her lips as she took the flowers from Jungkook, "I love them." She said as she looked back up at Jungkook, "You remembered?"

"How could I forget?" Jungkook replied with an eyebrow raised, "Lillies are so pretty, you remind me of them and they remind me of you." He added with a sheepish grin.

"Shush, you're gonna make my face turn red and I wasn't planning on going for the tomato look today." Taigi retorted as she hid her face behind the flowers before turning around to take them to the kitchen.

Jungkook just chuckled to himself in amusement. "Are you ready to go?" He asked once Taigi left the house, closing and locking the door behind her.