quatre

Quatre - Four

School was the only thing that kept everything the same. At least, that was how Eden looked at it. If school wasn't a perfect routine, then his days would be a mess of endless change moving without him. He figured that was why he didn't mind school that much.

After the first few weeks of being in a new high school, he eventually found himself surrounded by familiar people who might as well be considered his friends. The ones he saw the most were Jordan, Mia, and Tom. Eden wasn't really sure how, but they quickly accepted him into their group.

They were all very different, but fun to be around. Jordan was all dark humor and the brooding type, Mia was all smiles and positivity, and Tom was all boredom-induced energy. Where Eden fit in, he wasn't sure. But he took what he could get, especially when he wasn't really used to what it was like to have friends.

The one thing that Eden quickly took notice of, was how often Rory would hang out with them too. He thought it was a bit weird, since he was Eden's first fuck at the school, but he didn't think about it too much. Rory would sneak away from the football team to talk to them, before having to go back to the jocks.

Eden tried not to be nosy, pretending that he didn't notice it. Today, he was sat in the cafeteria, Mia sat next to him while Jordan and Tom sat across from them. Eden didn't have food in front of him, instead distracting himself by surveying the cafeteria.

He had his elbow propped up on the table, his head lazily resting in his palm. His green eyes remained indifferent as he looked for something to quench his boredom and distract him from the unrelenting hunger building up within his gut.

That was when he spotted Fay. The boy wore a purple sweater that Eden had swore he saw on a girl once, purple clips in his hair, and sliver eyeshadow decorating his lids. Fay was sat at a different table than normal. Well, normal was a loose term.

Something that Eden noticed, was who sat where. The pattern rarely ever changed. The few people who broke that pattern, was Fay and his two fiends. Eden noticed how one of them, or all of them, would bounce around the tables each day. Fay did it the most, as though he was friends with everyone.

Today, he was sat at a table full of girls. Eden recognized them to be the popular cheerleaders. They looked like they came straight out of Mean Girls, with their pink sweats and blonde hair. Just looking at them made Eden want to puke. There was too much color, and too many girls. If Eden hadn't known that Fay was a boy, then he would have just assumed that he was just like the rest.

His green eyes drifted from where Fay was sat, sweeping across the room for something to peak his interest. Unfortunately, he couldn't seem to find anything worth his time. That was how he ended up back on Fay. He didn't know much about him, other than the fact that he was more out of the closet than Eden was.

He knew that he was French, and popular, but that was the extent of his knowledge. The boy was spunky and didn't seem to like Eden one bit. He was always riled up whenever Eden would talk back to the teachers. Eden found it to be amusing.

And he knew his name. It was hard not to. Everyone here knew his name. In fact, they wouldn't shut up about him. The school seemed to put Fay on display, probably because it helped to show how accepting they were. Eden knew it was a load of bullshit. He had seen the way certain teachers looked at Fay, and how the jocks only acted nicely when Fay was around. So, as much as everyone appeared to love him, it felt more like it was a trend to like him rather than a real emotion. That was why Eden felt a bit bad for the poor boy.

Then he remembered the things that he didn't like about Fay. Like when he heard him in the bathroom. Although that wasn't necessarily Fay's fault, it didn't fail to bother Eden day in and day out. What he also didn't like was how everyone in the school felt the need to compare them both. It made no sense to Eden. Just because they were both gay, didn't mean they had to be the same person.