onze

Onze - Eleven

Every party that Fay found himself at was usually nearly identical to the last. They all had some sort of immersive lighting and overly large speakers. There were people passed out in questionable corners, most doors locked to hide the kinky things that were happening behind them. They were always carbon copies all the way down to the music choice.

Except this one. Halloween parties quickly became his favorite now that he participated in them. Everyone was dressed up, some people's identities were completely hidden away behind masks or intense makeup. The music had a more eerie vibe to it, the vibrations pouring into the house and personifying life into it. Not to mention the bowls of candy hidden around the house. Fay was utterly in love with it.

"Hey, Fay!" Cal stumbled into him, already drunk off of his ass. He had a giddy smile on his face and appeared to be enjoying himself. "Why do they always say trick or treat? What if someone gives them a bad trick? Why not just say treat?"

Fay listened to his friend slur the words together, not sure what Cal was even talking about or why. It was the ramblings of a drunk person. Fay held both of his elbows to keep him from falling flat on his ass. "Because it's tradition, I think."

"But doesn't that mean that someone has the right to trick you since you give them the option?" He continued to talk, leaving Fay amused. He didn't know what brought Cal to that subject, but it was definitely hilarious.

"I suppose so." Fay replied, walking them away from the dancing masses to try and give them a bit more room to breathe.

"How do you say trick or treat in French?" Cal suddenly asked, the subject change making Fay laugh a bit.

"We don't say trick or treat. A lot of us say either candies or a spell, or mischief or sweets." Fay explained, not bothering to be very precise with his words since Cal was most likely too drunk to remember them anyway.

"Which one do you say?" He asked.

"Neither, since I've never gone trick or treating." Fay chuckled, finding it funny that Cal forgot already. "But most people I knew said mischief or sweets."

"But what is it in French?" Cal drawled demandingly. Fay helped take him to an empty spot on the couch, trying to keep him from falling.

"Bêtises ou friandises." Fay quickly told him, stepping away and looking around. "Now stay here while I get you some water. If you keep drinking you're just going to end up making yourself sick."

He heard Cal protest a bit, but he didn't bother to stick around and hear most of it. Fay took off, weaving his way through the crowd at a fast pace. If he ended up taking too long, then Cal would just wander off and give himself alcohol poisoning. Normally he would have had Eisley watch after him while he fetched the water, but last he checked she went off with some guy.

There were so many costumes filling up the expensive house, that it was almost intimidating. It was like a choir of ghouls, all surrounding a helpless Fay. But he pushed the thought away, searching for the kitchen.

Whenever he found himself at a party in a house that he had never been in before, it was always a feat to try to navigate. Especially when they were larger in size, which that one was. It took longer than he would have liked, but he eventually stumbled upon a nice-looking kitchen. It was occupied by four kids getting stoned in the corner.

When he approached the sink, Fay made sure to check that it hadn't been messed with at all. High school parties were reckless and dumb, so checking sinks to see if anything happened to them was a required sort of thing. Fay poured the unknown liquid out of his red solo cup, doing his best to wash it all out.