vingt-cinq

Vingt-cinq - Twenty-Five

"Fay!" The heavy French accent of Maman caused for Fay to pull an earbud out of his ear and listen to make sure that he wasn't hearing things. "Lafayette!" That time, her voice was more strained - as though she were panicking.

Worried that something was wrong, Fay quickly took the other earbud out and tossed his phone to the side, rushing out of his room to see what was the matter. After having walked down only a few of the stairs, he could already see what was causing for Maman to freak out so much.

There was a boy in the living room, face wet with tears and breathing so uneven that it was almost not there at all. Fay's body instantly went into overdrive, hating himself for having to take a moment to process what was even happening. Maman was yelling for Fay to get over there, because she didn't know what else to do.

That was when he finally ran down the rest of the stairs, running up to the disheveled boy and planting both hands on his shoulders. His heart was going wild, horrified of not being able to help.

"Eden. Eden, hey. I'm here." He began. He was having a panic attack or an anxiety attack, though he didn't know which. And if his breathing kept on that way, he was going to pass out. Fay brushed the overgrown bangs from Eden's green eyes, trying to get him to look up. His hair was wet from tears and sweat and a recent shower. "I need you to do what I tell you."

"I-I-I-" He was stuttering over his words in between breaths. Fay wanted to cut him off, but Eden kept going. "I can't... b-breathe."

"I know, Eden. I know." Fay nodded, cupping Eden's face with both of his hands and making it to where he had no other choice but to make eye contact. "And I know that it's terrifying, but you have to listen to me, okay?"

The tears fell in waves, washing over the apples of his cheeks and dripping down to his chin. Eden nodded, trying so hard to allow oxygen into his lungs. He was making it worse for himself. Gasping in so much air, but never giving that air anytime to do its work.

"Breathe in with me, okay?" Fay slowly counted to three, before letting it out and repeating the same number pattern. But Eden wasn't listening, he was shaking and panicking even further. The longer that went on, the more frenzied he became. "Eden, please do it with me."

Fay was starting to freak out a little, scared that he wouldn't be able to stop the episode from consuming Eden. He didn't know why it was happening, or how Eden even got there in such a state. Hell, he didn't even know how Eden knew where he lived. All he knew was that he needed his help, and that Fay would do anything to provide him with it.

"F-Fay." He gasped out, one hand was gripping Fay's wrist and the other was pressed against his rapidly rising and falling chest. "I d-d-d-d-don't k-know what to d-d-do."

Fay didn't know what to do either. He had only ever had one panic attack, and Eisley had been there to help him with it. The memory of it was terrifying, but foggy. Like there was some sort of veil over it. Maybe that was the feeling that the actual experience gave him. If the counting wasn't going to work, then what was he going to do? Eden didn't deserve this. No one did.

Then he remembered what Eisley had done to help him. 

He used the hands that he had planted on each side of Eden's face, and closed the distance between them. The kiss was a mess, but Eden automatically held his breath at the shock and suddenness. Fay made sure that it lasted only long enough for Eden to hold his breath for a few seconds. Then he pulled back.

"I'm sorry about that." Fay couldn't help but let out a breath of relief. Eden's hands still shook and he still looked to be out of it, but at least his breathing was slowing down. "I know that holding your breath works."