seize

Seize - Sixteen

The house was every bit as quiet as it always was when Fay came by. Puppy had taken it upon himself to perch on the edge of the nearest piece of furniture, head tilted as he waited for pats. Fay couldn't help but smile to himself as he pet the calico.

Eden wore a long sleeve similar to every other one that he always wore around the house. It seemed to be his sort of comfort. Fay wondered if the beanie was apart of his comfort as well. He had yet to take it off, which progressively made Fay more and more curious as to why.

It went the same as it had pretty much every other time Fay came by. The stairs creaked as they made their way up them, kissing messily when they reached the top. The door closed loudly behind Eden before they landed on the bed.

Things escalated from there, the room beginning to grow dark as the sun began to set. They both sat in bed, Cigarettes wedged between their fingers as silence consumed them. Fay could watch out of Eden's window from where he was on the bed, watching the tree outside of it sway with the late wind.

No conversation took place this time around. Fay was thinking about what happened during lunch, wanting to ask more questions about it. But Eden clearly didn't want to answer any questions about it, or else he would have done so hours ago. There were other things that Fay could have used as conversation starters, like where Eden was getting his cigarette supply, or where Destiny was that time. But he didn't bother with any of that. Instead, he kept quiet and blew out smoke.

Waiting for the cigarette to come to an end, the sound of Be More Chill Pt.1 pouring out from Fay's phone startled him to no avail. He quickly leaned over Eden, trying to get to where it was sat on the nightstand before the ringtone ended. However, he ended up having to reach too far and stumbling, nearly falling to the floor. Eden grabbed him to try to get him to not take him down with him.

Plucking the phone off of the nightstand and deciding to just sit down right by Eden's feet rather than climb back over to his side of the bed, Fay checked the caller I.D. It was Maman.

As he brought the phone to his ear, Eden was moving his legs. It caused for Fay to automatically glance in the direction of his legs. That was all it took for Fay to nearly drop the phone.

In his dramatic effort to reach for the phone in time, then plop back down on the bottom of the bed, he had pulled the blanket off of Eden. For the first time, Eden hadn't bothered with completely dressing yet, resulting in his exposed skin to show to the world. How had Fay never noticed that before? They had sex on so many occasions, and yet he never once looked.

"Fay?" His mother's French accent caused for Fay to snap out of the daze he had found himself in. Eden had his legs folded into a crisscross pattern, arms covering what had startled Fay so much. "Lafayette?"

"I..." He tired to find his thoughts, but he couldn't. Standing up from the bed he furrowed his brow and stared at Eden. Pulling the phone away from his mouth, he said, "What the hell are those?"

The image of thin white stripes lining the inside of his ankles, traveling the length of his leg all the way to his mid-calf. Some were faded, other were still vibrant and rigid. He hadn't gotten a good enough look at them to tell whether there were any really recent ones, but the ones he saw were old enough to have turned white.

Eden didn't say anything, taking in a large breath of smoke, the grey air tumbling out of his nostrils. His green eyes were downcast and unfocused. Fay didn't know what to say. Why would Eden do that to himself?