six

Six - Six

The air was heavy and full of sweat. There was the scent of alcohol, weed, and smoke filling up empty nostrils and then expelling into someone else's face. The cycle repeated itself, from one person to the next. Bodies pressed flush against one another as the music boomed throughout the house. The cheers and frustration of a nearby game of beer pong overpowered the music. It caused people to stop dancing, and instead go to spectate the intense game.

Fay was dancing with Eisley, not a single ounce of shame or embarrassment entering his system as they both went all out. Most everyone around them was too drunk to pay the pair any mind. Even if they weren't, Fay didn't care. Let them watch. If they liked what they saw, then maybe they would make a good candidate for a hook up.

Eisley was giggling, a red solo cup in one hand, the liquid sloshing as she swayed her body. She was very clearly drunk. Fay found it to be hilarious, loving the way she was stumbling as she moved and laughed.

Fay had a cup of his own, sipping on the unknown substance without question. His throat stopped burning a while ago, the strong taste hardly even registering. He just kept drinking more, several cups in. Still, he had yet to feel so much as a buzz. Fay cursed his heavyweight self, wishing to just get drunk and have it end there.

The room was musty, full of different kinds of smoke. You could watch the smoke tendrils twist and twirl around you, muting the artificial light. Windows were open all around the perimeter of the house, but every time the room would air out, it would soon be full all over again. It didn't seem that there were any smoke alarms. At least not any that were activated.

Fay wasn't sure where Cal had gone. He quickly got drunk and then drank even more. For all Fay knew, the boy was throwing up in the tub. It wouldn't be the first time, and probably wouldn't be the last. Still, Fay kept an eye out for the tall boy, hoping to catch a glimpse to know that he was alright.

It was getting late, time slowly droning forward, the only reminder that everyone there was still alive. Fay supposed that it was technically getting early, since they were well into the a.m.s by that point. That didn't stop the party from raging forward. Fay was pretty sure that he was still seeing people arrive.

He spent the last few hours drinking and dancing, observing as the house was slowly but surely destroyed. He always felt bad for whoever hosted the parties. Their houses were always torn to shreds and left for the dead. Teenagers were relentless and evil. They spared nothing and no one, leaving a wake of rubble in their path. It was exhausting to watch.

But it didn't stop Fay from ignoring it. He kept dancing seductively, laughing with Eisley for as long as they could. Until Eisley spotted a guy who looked like he had good potential. She parted ways, stumbling and giggling the whole time. As soon as Fay was left alone, he surveyed the room.

Fay didn't mind sleeping around. He was never labeled as a slut or a manwhore, because no one ever talked about it. Talking about it meant mentioning who he was sleeping with. And the people he was sleeping with were all safely tucked away inside of a never ending closet with no intention of ever stepping out.

Often those boys just wanted to make sure that they weren't gay. Of course, that never ended in their favor. It always ended with Fay getting used for experiments and then dropped like an object. He had witnessed far too many ugly cries that always killed the good vibe he got after sex. If he didn't like the idea of sex so much, he probably would have stopped doing it a long time ago.

A soft buzz had finally begun to build at the back of his mind, but it was hardly noticeable. He pushed through the crowd of dancing people, heading towards the outskirts of the room. He wasn't really sure where he was headed. All he knew was that he was going to find someone.