Chp. 003

{Word count:
previous version; 1830?
re-written version: 2603}

(okay, so as you may know, i had to re-write this chapter☠︎︎)
Since I wasn't that satisfied with the outcome of it in the first place, I took this as a opportunity to change it up a little. Just some detail changes and -hopefully- better dialogues.)

[THIRD PERSON]

Operation 'Karma' was the number one topic in the Police department. Everyone was busy finding clues and hints while patrolling the city, looking for any kind signs that could lead them to the Vigilante. Without any luck, may I add.

The redheaded police officer, Quinn Forreson, didn't have any luck either.
The whole morning, she sat by the door and watched people walking in and out, giving her weird looks. But no sign of the Vigilante. Later on, another officer took her shift but hadn't had any luck either. However, when it was Takerus shift, a body dropped onto the ground before him. He had expected anything but this! A shocked yelp left his mouth and his blue eyes went wide. As fast as possible, he rushed to the man and checked his vital signs. He was alive.

»Damn, that's totally gonna bruise..«, a quiet yet deep voice cackled somewhere behind Takeru. As soon, as he heard the voice, the brunette spun around searching the place with his quirk; X-ray. Weirdly enough, he saw nothing. After two more minutes, he stopped using his quirk. The headache already knocked on his brain, begging to be let in and to make Yarus day terrible. You see, Yaru was only able to use his quirk for 10 minutes. If he overused it, he always got a massive headache that he could pass out from.
Hurriedly, the brunette rushed back into the building, the man on his back.

»Uh, Takeru? Who's that?«, Quinn raised her eyebrows as she helped Yaru to place the man on a chair.
»I have no idea, really. He literally fell from the sky. Or at least the roof.«, he explained while wiping some sweat of his forehead. With a rushed 'I'll get Tsukauchi.', the redhead left the room and returned a few seconds later with said Detective plus the other two officers; an onyx haired middle-aged man and a young officer that had blue skin.

»So, what you're saying is, he 'dropped from the sky'?«, the officer with onyx hair asked. He was not convinced, it just sounded kinda.. unreal? Made up? No, it did sounded believable, but yet so strange.

»I swear! I just sat there, waiting for something to happen when he fell down! But that's not even everything. I also heard him talk! Karma, he- he said something! But when I checked, there was nobody! Like he just wasn't there in the first place!«, the X-ray user hysterically exclaimed, whipping his arms around.

Tsukauchi eyed his friend, brows furrowed. He hadn't seen Yaru like this in a while. Usually, the brunette was chill and all goofy. But this seemed to have some kind of effect on him.

»Okay, what did he say? Try to remember. But more importantly, what did he sound like? I need to add that to his file later.«, the onyx haired man stated, snatching the pen from his colleague, who huffed in response and summoned a new one with a flick of his wrist.

»Could've just asked me.. no need to be so rude, Gjin.«, he mumbled before getting hit on the back of his head.
The onyx haired man - whose name Gjin was apparently - grumbled something along of 'Shut up and do your job, Kuro.' before returning his attention to Yaru. The brunette shifted a little on his chair, still trying to process everything that happened so far. He hadn't been a police officer for long, so this all was still new for him. That didn't change anything about him being a very good officer, though.

»Now, that that is settled.. Try to remember what he said, okay?«, Gjin smiled softly. Yaru nodded in response and started thinking for a few seconds.