Chp. 028

{Word count: 1143}

[Heh.. I'm still alive, yes-
My apologies for going MIA all of a sudden! But some stuff was - and is still - going on for me, and I just couldn't find the time and motivation to write. Plus, I kinda had a writers block.
Also, this might be the last update for around a few more days; I plan on going over the old chapters and editing some stuff, going more into detail at some points, etc!

Now, enough of me. How are you all? I hope your doing good! But if not, that's okay too! <3
Whatever might be on your mind right now; It's gonna be okay.
You're strong, and I'm proud of you. Lots of love from me! <3]

[THIRD PERSON]

A cold glass rested again Izukus palm, spending him at least some coolness in this burning heat. The league started to let him roam around freely by now, although some were still wary around him. Which was understandable, since Izuku was a Vigilante, someone fighting for justice. Impatiently, he rocked with his fingers against the wood of the bar counter. Shigaraki had told him earlier, that they would discuss a few things today, like a possible attack or a move to make.

»Izu-chaaaan!«, Toga chirped, entering the room.

I wanna throw up.

Her slim hands wandered over Izukus left shoulder, going over the back of his neck to the right part of his jawline. It took Izuku a lot of energy, to not make a disgusted face.

»Toga, leave him alone.«, a male voice, Izuku identified it as Dabis, stopped her from saying something.

She pouted in response, before bouncing over to the couch, throwing herself onto Dabi. Izuku had noticed this before and now once again, how Toga and Dabi seemed to have a rather sibling-like relationship.

»When are Shigaraki and the rest coming?«, Izuku voiced his thoughts, taking the last sip from his water. He wanted to get this over with quickly, spending more than 15 minutes in a room with almost all the members.. Izuku could feel the headache creeping in already.

»Dunno.«, Dabi lazily responded before pushing Toga off of him.

Izuku nodded, before sighing quietly.

After a minute or so, Shigaraki and the rest entered the room. They got seated rather quickly, Kurogiri giving drinks to everyone. It was mostly alcohol but also water, for those who weren't legal yet. They may be Villains, but this was Mamagiri, we're talking about.

»Alright, everyone shut up.«, Shigaraki talked over the others, silencing their conversations.

»To-«, he was interrupted by a door being slammed and footsteps echoing through the hallways. A moment later, Mina stood in the doorframe, looking done with the world. She immediately apologised for being late, hurrying over to her green haired friend. Once she sat down, she hugged his arm, as if she was scared he'd fade away any second. Izuku took a mental note, to ask her what's wrong, as soon as this meeting was over. In a closer inspection, he also noticed dried tears on her cheeks, her lip bleeding a bit. She had definitely been crying.

»As I was saying, today we will be discussing some things. We have a new recruit now. One with very valuable information about the Heroes.«, Shigaraki started again, surprising Izuku with the calmness in his voice. Suddenly the Villain didn't look like a childish person anymore, he actually seemed to give off a feeling of authority.

The meeting went on for a while, Mina not letting go of Izukus arm. They spoke about several things, one of them being the planning of an attack. Toga, Dabi, Mina and Twice were assigned to rob a local weapon store, while Izuku was ordered to gather informations about some Heroes.

☕︎︎

Pained cries filled the room, Izukus shirt wet from tears. Mina had been crying into his t-shirt for about 10 minutes now.
Izuku still did not know, what was causing his friend so much pain, but his heart shattered wit every cry that left Minas mouth and every tear, that met the black fabric.

»Mina, sweety. Please, calm down. I can't help you, if I don't know, what's wrong.«, Izuku tried to calm her down, hugging her tightly.

»I-I'm sorry.. It's just a-all t-too much a-at the same t-time..«, she replied. Never once in his life, had the greenhead heard someone sounding so.. broken.

After many more attempts of Mina calming down, she was finally able to breathe right again.

»I-I.. okay.. I-I was checking in on.. on Shinsou.. because he hasn't been eating well, since you.. you know.«, another sob escaped her mouth. »A-And I found him.. unconscious on the ground.. he's currently in the hospital..«, another wall of tears hit the girl, her fragile figure shaking rapidly.

It took Izuku a few seconds to comprehend, what he was told. But when he did, he couldn't stop the tears himself. Everything around him seemed to be falling apart. First his mom, now Shinsou. What next? Mina getting injured badly?
Gripping the fabric of his shirt, Izuku stood up, making his way to Minas bed. From under the mattress, he picked up a piece of paper and a pen. Quickly, he scribbled down something, handing it to his friend.

»Please, give this to Shinsou.. okay? He needs to know, that I'm.. okay. He deserves to know.«, he smiled weakly.

☕︎︎

The sun was setting, a cool breeze messing with Minas hair and clothes. She was on her way to the hospital Shinsou was in. In her hand the little note, Izuku had made. She was still shaking a bit, but overall a little calmer. Soon, she reached the tall, white building and passed by the reception, making her way to her friends room.

Quietly she opened the door, to find the indigo haired male sleep peacefully in the hospital bed. His skim was paler than usual, just like the bags under his eyes looked darker. His hair was even more of an mess and overall, he just looked fragile. Like he were to break and fade away at any second. A horrific sight, for the young female.

With a shaking head, she placed the note in his hand, sitting down on the bed. »Please, wake up soon, Shin..«, she whispered, her voice cracking slightly. Without thinking, she extended her hand, placing it on Shinsous palate cheek. Gently, she caressed it with her thumb, smiling sadly.

»I'll stop by tomorrow again, Shin. Rest well.«, she whispered, turning away from her friend and leaving the room. Once, the big doors of the tall building fell shut again, she ran. She didn't know where, she didn't know for how long. But she ran. The moment she stopped, she fell to her knees, screaming out all the pain.