I have my reasonings, but Klaine really isn't as toxic as so many people believe. They argue a lot, yes, but I wouldn't say that they're toxic and I have my reasons why. Please understand that I'm not trying to force my opinions onto you! I don't care if you hate Klaine or what— I just want to express why I don't see their relationship as toxic ahhhhhh

First of all, I would like to point out that fighting in a relationship is common. Your relationship won't survive if you don't argue or express yourself every once in a while and that's a fact. But, yes, Klaine did fight more than most relationships should for a television series.

In Season 5, they fought exactly 4 times in the span of over 1 year. Compared to most real relationships, that's not a lot, though!! That's approximately one fight every 3 months. It's hard to imagine since a majority of us watched the whole season in 2 days, but each episode is weeks apart, and they don't mention anything of arguments or fights between the episodes airring. It's safe to assume that each episode pulled out the fighting for drama, and in between they were a steady relationship.

Now that that's all discussed, here are my real explanations:

1)

The first argument they had off the top of my head is when Blaine sexually assaulted Kurt. Yes, that is inexcusable and I don't support it in the slightest howEver, Blaine did realize his mistake in the end. He understood that what he did was wrong and sincerely apologized— Kurt didn't have to accept the apology, but he did. He could've moved on for good, but he didn't. So, while we as watchers may not forgive Blaine, Kurt did make the obligation to understand where Blaine's mind came from and trusted him.

It should also be noted that Blaine didn't force Kurt to forgive him like many people assume; While it's a minor detail, Kurt was the one to approach Blaine in conversation. He was the one that came to start up a discussion over the issue, and obviously did not intend to leave broken up with.

2)

The second fight I can remember off the top of my head was when Kurt and Chandler were talking. I do think that Kurt and Chandler were just friends and nothing more. My friends and I send each other those type of cutesy messages all the time and people don't question it. Heck, I used to be in a relationship and he didn't care about those type of messages! Chandler and Kurt never showed any signs of cheating or hooking up, but rather lifting each other up and being supportive friends.

I do, however, see why Blaine was jealous. He left Kurt alone for a while only to find out he moved on so quickly, and that hurts. But you can't pretend that if your boyfriend stopped talking to you randomly that you wouldn't begin to talk to your friends more. Perhaps replace the way your significant-other made you feel by hanging out with them?

Just after I was cheated on, for example, my best friend and I would do date-like things together as an emotional replacement as I got myself together. We held hand at the movie theaters and said sweet things to each other. It's 100% normal and just a casual way of coping.

So, while Kurt and Blaine were in the rocks, there's no doubt that it was a misunderstanding. They forgave in the end and, yet again, chose to trust one another. I don't see anything remotely toxic in that.

3)

The third argument I can think of is when they break up. This one is quite a bit harder for me to defend, as there isn't much that can be defended. Blaine cheated, to keep it short and simple. Kurt didn't pick up his calls and didn't ask Blaine about how he was, and Blaine felt as though it was a sign they were breaking up. While I do think he should have waited like any normal human being to see if Kurt felt the same way about their relationship, I can see why he did what he did. I don't support cheating in the slightest— it emotionally broke me. I can say, however, that Blaine was your typical high school teenager and did what almost every boy in my school does (not that it makes it even less awful).