I watched my first episode of Glee when I was 8, unintentionally 😌👌 Its a great story honestly and I feel like people should know about it

Lemme tell you the story now

My mom was a big Gleek at first, and got my dad into when they started dating. Then my mom grew out of it after Season 3 came out, but my dad continued watching it. By the time Season 6 was aired, neither of them watched the show anymore. Years passed, and they started binging Season 6 together on Netflix when I was a kid.

And I kid you not,,

They were watching the Wedding episode, y'know? I remember glancing towards the TV while eating cheezits (nothing changed) and seeing Brittany and Santana kiss from that one scene. And my little child self didn't really know what lesbians were so I was just like 👁👄👁 I wouldn't say I was homophobic (quite obviously I'm not), but I just wasn't exposed to the LGBTQ+ community at the time.

So, I just assumed they were reaaaally close friends and it didn't occur to me that they were getting married. Nonetheless, I faded my attention away from the TV and back to my cheezits.

A little while passed, me glancing at the TV every once in a while, and I remember seeing the scene where Brittany asks Kurt and Blaine to get married too and my first thought was "Aw they're marrying the girls."

I legitimately thought that Kurt and Blaine were straight and marrying Brittany and Santana.

So, by now I knew it was a wedding and I loooooved weddings as a kid (still do) so I began to pay more attention to the show.

I remember watching them walk down the aisle and watching Klaine and Brittana group next to their real partners and was just like "what's happening?" Because I wasn't used to the idea of people dating someone of their same gender.

And so my mom noticed I was watching and she said "they're gay" like I knew wtf that meant.

I don't remember much after that other than the fact that my mom started giving me this whole speech about how homosexuality is common and should be honored for how brave they are yatta yatta.

So yeah. That's my story 😤 And when I first started watching Glee I didn't recognize the characters until around Season 4 and I was like "SHIT THEY GET MARRIED SOMETIME" and yeah.

The whole show was spoiled for me, but I'm thankful to at least have known they ended up together :')