The Hospital Visit

"I want ice cream, Draco."

The said blond expelled a monumental sigh and glared at the determined redhead. "You really shouldn't barge into my study any time you like," he scolded, but Mini Granger merely lifted her chin in childish defiance.

"I want ice cream," she repeated, this time crossing her arms against her chest.

Draco rolled his eyes then looked at the report sent to him by Healer Matthews. Although stable, his mother still had not made a good progress since last month; he really should visit his mother soon. "I'm sure I can get Tippy to make you one."

"No, no Florean's!" she exclaimed. "Florean's, Draco."

He frowned and looked at Rose once more. "But that's in Diagon Alley," he pointed out. When Rose vigorously nodded her head, Draco incessantly shook his. "I have too many things to do than frolic outside, Rose."

Her bottom lip protruded out. "Mama always brings me to the Alley on Saturdays," she said.

Draco's eyes widened, his gaze falling onto the calendar on his table. 'Saturday,' he thought. It was a stormy Sunday when Hermione Granger suddenly appeared in his flat and dropped off her child for him to babysit. It was almost a week, and he still had not heard from his former bushy-haired schoolmate. With dread in his heart, Draco had a feeling Hermione would not appear by the end of the week.

"Draco," Rose said, tugging on his robes. "Ice cream!"

He sighed, suddenly feeling tired and lent back on his chair. "I'll tell Tippy to get some ice cream from Florean's and - " He trailed off, with Rose this time vigorously shaking her head.

"No, no, we go to the Alley," she said with an indignant stomp. "Mama always brings me to the Alley."

"Well your Mama is not here so piss off and leave me alone," he exclaimed in exasperation. Almost a week had passed but the menace continued to bother him. Draco was slowly going insane.

Rose glared. "No, we will go to Diagon Alley for ice cream!" she shouted. His nearby inkwell suddenly shattered into pieces. The ink splattered all over his mahogany table, prompting him to groan.

"You're as stubborn as your mother," he snarled at her, absentmindedly magic-ing the mess her accidental magic made. "Fine!" he then said, throwing his arms in the air. "But we're only going to Florean's then head straight home, understand?"

The change in her demeanour was instantaneous. Rose squealed in delight and dashed out of his study to get ready.

Draco released another sigh and slumped back onto his chair.

"Hurry up, Granger," he snarled to no one. Draco wondered when he would get his peace and quiet once again.

__________

Suffice it to say, Draco was really not out much. He would usually visit either the Malfoy Manor or St. Mungo's to check on his ailing mother. The Malfoy business also required him to get out of the country multiple times; although famous, he was received neutrally. Into Wizarding London, however, he never really ventured out ever since, well, the Dark Lord's demise.

The stares and whispers he received were all too much, reminding him of his horrible misdeeds and the small, insignificant fact that he was the Death Eater that brought his comrades into Hogwarts to reign terror. He was forever labelled Dumbledore's almost murderer, the true murderer part being crowned to his late godfather. But Severus Snape proved that he was Dumbledore's man through and through. Draco only became an Order member when he failed to kill Dumbledore and Voldemort killed Lucius in an act of rage.