The Dinner Invite

Draco did not know what had gotten into him but he had finally penned a resume to apply to the Department of International Magical Cooperation. The impulse to do so stemmed out from one of his fruitful meetings with a CEO from Switzerland, and this sudden idea of thinking he could work well with this certain department came into mind.

Sure, it didn't offer him his coveted position as a Curse Breaker, but he highly doubted he would even be accepted in that department. He thought it would be best if he established himself in a less benign job first before even thinking of shifting to his dream job. Besides, he thought he was actually quite good in socializing and faking smiles with important international figures; the job might be just right for him.

"Tippy," he called, and his house elf instantly appeared. "Cancel all my appointments next week. I have something to do."

The creature looked at him strangely but wordlessly nodded his head. Then, when Draco waved him off in dismissal, he disappeared once more with a pop.

Now, all he needed to do was think of what he would do with the Malfoy business. He was still undoubtedly the head of everything, seeing he was already the Head of the House of Malfoy, so ditching everything without a proper plan was out of the question. Malfoy heirs in the past hadn't even worked for anything besides the Malfoy business in their life, always filling the treasure their family kept, so Draco didn't know where to start. Much less how.

The most feasible thing he could think of so far was to hire an acting CEO of the company, one who would be competent enough to stand in for him and burden all the Malfoy responsibility. Mentally, he already thought of a list of candidates and made a note of penning more letters to send to them.

After making sure that everything was set, Draco folded his resume, placed a wax seal on the envelope, and Owled it to the Department of International Magical Cooperation.

And now, he waited.

__________

Draco woke up with a jolt, having a strange feeling of being stared at. Years and years of doing missions for the Order of the Phoenix heightened his senses; it would be handy especially on surprise attacks done by the Dark Side.

Hand immediately gripping his wand, Draco slowly sat up from his bed and looked at the general direction where he sensed the source was. Eyes widening, the source of his discomfort was actually a parliament of owls, their equally wide eyes staring back at him.

Most kept on pecking his window, urging him to open it, and the sound snapped him off from his momentary surprise.

He tumbled out of his bed and let the owls in. There were roughly fifteen of them, all swirling overhead and dropping sheets of parchment on him.

As soon as the last owl was gone, Draco bent down to grab one of the letters. It said:

Dear Draco,

How are you? We still going to Florean's this Saturday, right?

Love,
Rosie

He lifted an eyebrow at the letter, surprised that it actually came from Rose. He almost had an aneurysm when he thought it was from the Ministry, but then again, they usually use Ministry Owls to send out business letters.

Draco grabbed another one of the letters and read:

Dear Draco,

Mama said you can come visit our flat. When can you go? Can you please come soon? Please please please!

Love,
Rosie

A disbelieving smile graced his handsome features as he sifted through the other letters. All of them came from Rose, urging to see him, telling him she missed him, and even recounting some of her adventures yesterday as soon as they got back home in their flat.