The Truth

"Pardon my intrusion, but I was under strict orders from Potter to kick you out of this room," Theo greeted with a small smile. His leg fracture was already fixed; the only indication he was injured last night was the slight limp he was sporting, which would be gone after a few more days.

Draco snorted from the hospital couch he was lounging on. "Since when do you listen to Potter?" his best friend asked, quirking a blond eyebrow.

"Since never," Theo emphasized. "But, as much as it pains me to say, I actually agree with him." He turned his eyes on an obviously fatigued brunette and tutted. "Granger, seriously, you need to go home. Your arm isn't completely healed. Your hair is a bloody mess. I won't be surprised if rats started to appear from your hair."

"There won't be any rats in here, Nott," Hermione stated matter-of-factly. "This is a hospital."

Theo sighed and shook his head. "You really are no fun, Granger," he said with a pout. "Seriously, though, I think you should go home."

Hermione frowned and resolutely shook her head. "No. I have to be here when Rose finally wakes up."

Draco sighed and stood up from the couch. "Theo's right," he said. "You haven't slept last night. Healer Graves already said that the worst is over. The Mind Healer also said there won't be any repercussions. I think what is best for all of us now, is to call it a night and sleep in our respective homes."

Earlier, a Mind Healer, Healer Dawlish, came by to check on Rose's mind. Although unconscious, she was able to reassure that Rose was mentally well. She suspected that Rose was most of the time unconscious when beaten up by Lestrange, most likely done by a more sympathizing Death Eater, and might not remember much of her abduction. It would still be best to check on her once she was awake, but Healer Dawlish already told the mother that her daughter was out of any forms of harm.

"I'm staying," Hermione still said with a stubborn frown.

"Must you really be so difficult, Granger?" Draco asked with a scowl. The witch looked at him as if betrayed, thinking that he would at least understand her better than Nott. "Do you want Rose to see you like this?"

She looked away from him, fully knowing that she looked like a mess.

"I'll be here," Theo reassured. "Probably not a stellar babysitter compared to Draco, but Merlin, Granger, I was able to take care of Rose for a day. I think I'll manage, especially since she's still unconscious."

"You brought her to a date, Nott," Hermione pointed out, prompting the Slytherin to flinch. "That is bloody irresponsible."

Theo sighed. "You're never going to live that down, eh?" he asked, chuckling when Hermione vigorously shook her head. "Figures. Fine, if you are so worried about my babysitting skills, Potter will soon arrive and look after Rose instead."

Hermione looked at Draco pleadingly, but the blond shook his head. "You need to sleep," Draco firmly said. "At least for an hour, then you can go back as soon as you're awake. I promise."

She sighed, knowing that these two Slytherins would pester her to go home until she conceded. Hermione still had some qualms about leaving Rose behind, especially after her kidnapping, but Theodore Nott would be here. Draco seemed to completely trust him, so by default, she trusted him too. He saved them from the other Death Eaters, anyway. Some Aurors were also stationed outside of her room for protection. Still, it did not quite settle for her to leave her daughter alone.

But they were right. She was a mess. She needed to rest. Rose needed her to be happy and healthy once she woke up. Thus, she wordlessly stood up from her the seat next to Rose's bed and strode towards Draco. Hermione had to fight back a smile when the other two wizards were looking at her as if she had sprouted a second head.