The Interview

He couldn't understand why the head of the company was tasked to do this menial job. All Theodore Nott wished for today was to stick inside his office for the whole day, swivelling around his revolving chair, while pretending to be the busy Head of Nott Incorporation he was supposed to be.

But no.

Simply put, there was some mishap with the currently being renovated Nott library. Some house-elf had gone insane and set off numerous spells that painted the whole room a sickly green that no amount of magic could undo. Some team of experts had inspected the mess and all concluded that the most logical thing to do was to paint everything the Muggle way.

Seeing that the Mistress Nott was currently indisposed (of wasting away the Nott riches in some unknown country), Theo knew that as the Head of Nott, the task was bestowed upon him. Also, knowing his stepmother, he wouldn't hear the end of it if he merely opted to buy some bloody paint from some store and painted the whole damn wall by himself.

Thus, Theo currently found himself strolling inside a building promising to offer the best interior designers of Muggle London. He scowled at the bustling atrium, numerous Muggles chatting away in their cellphones. He had to admit, though, that the atrium was stylishly design, but he was too annoyed with his misfortunes to appreciate everything.

Instead, he strode towards the front desk. Behind it was an old lady, one that was reminiscent of his Nana, who used to chase after him with a long stick at hand, and felt instantly nervous.

"Pardon me," he excused, then nervously clearing his throat.

"Do you have an appointment?" she answered in a monotone without bothering to look up from her trashy, romance pocketbook.

"Yes, I believe I am to see Mister Sanders today?"

She perked up at the name with mild interest in her eyes. "I see," she said, briefly skimming the clipboard on her desk. "Mister Ted Knight?"

"Yes, that's me," he replied.

"I apologize, sir, but Mister Sanders is currently on vacation leave," she explained. "However, he entrusted me to present to you the next best interior designer for your lovely home."

Theo frowned. Andrew Sanders had already known about his secret, and it made him a little queasy that another person in this building knew of his magical abilities. "He didn't tell me," he said, clearly annoyed.

The receptionist clucked at the tone of his voice, prompting him to flinch. "If you must know, Mister Knight, Miss Hartness is one of the best in this company."

His eyes widened at the name. "Who?" he demanded.

Before the old lady could answer her, a blonde head peeked from one of the doors, a huge smile on her face. "Amy!" she cried. "I finally finished decorating the tea room. Come check and see if it's pretty."

"Bless your heart, child," the old receptionist fondly said. "Of course anything you do is pretty. Also, your client is here."

Her eyes finally settled on the strangely silent Theo and it made him marginally comforted to see that Luna Lovegood, too, was caught off guard with his presence.

"Blast it all," she lightly cursed, her body finally materializing as she strolled out. "I was hoping 'Ted Knight' was just a surprising coincidence."

"You two know each other?" the receptionist, Amy, asked.

"Yes", Theo replied at the same time Luna replied, "Barely." He quirked an eyebrow at her reply.