CHAPTER TWELVE

R O S A L I E

Wedding Planner Rule Number 6

Don't show your opinions about the bride's choices

I could hear the sound of my alarm, but I could barely focus on it because of the throbbing pain in my head. I reached out, not knowing where my phone would be and patted every surface until I found it and pressed a button, silencing the alarm.

Groaning audibly, I tried to think of what day it was and what I had to do. I sat up suddenly, remembering that I had an appointment at eleven. I groaned again, as the sudden movement made my head throb again.

Slowly, the list of things to do today came back to me. I had set aside the day to visit venues with Caroline and Aiden.

Aiden.

Aiden!

My eyes flew open and I looked around me. I was alone, but I was in my living room, not my bedroom. I looked around. My purse was on the counter, along with a bag from McDonald's and the shoes I wore yesterday were on the floor near the counter.

Slowly, the previous night came back to me in flashes and when I started recollecting meeting Aiden Carlisle, I could feel my cheeks starting to heat up.

What had I said to him? What had I done?

I tried to find clues in the apartment, but I was fully clothed and had all of my belongings and only my belongings. I had faint recollections of telling him about Ian and food. Did I tell him anything about his wedding? About Caroline?

I rubbed my eyes, yawned and got up, trying to ease out the pain in my bones. As I was walking around collecting my things to take into my room, I realized that I hadn't set my own alarm, which could only mean that Aiden had done it, knowing I may not wake up otherwise.

My heart swelled with affection for a man that I barely knew. I shook my head, trying to shake out the thoughts of Aiden Carlisle, someone else's fiancé being nice to me, and got ready for the day.

I put on a pair of skin-coloured stockings under a cream pencil skirt and a coffee coloured sleeveless blouse. I opened the bag of McDonald's and finished the tenders and chicken nuggets that were left and a bowl of cereal to get me through the next few hours. I popped an aspirin into my mouth to help with the headache, put on my cream flared coat and walked out the door.

On my entire drive to the hotel where I would meet Caroline and Aiden, I thought about the previous night and how in the world I would face Aiden.

I collected my things and went to meet the manager of the hotel.

"Rosalie," he said, smiling, "I'm so glad you recommended us to Mr. Carlisle and Ms. Baxter."

Hotels loved to treat me and my clients well so that I constantly brought in business for them. I got gift hampers for holidays and the first pick of open days. It was a great position to be in.

"Mike, you know I'll keep bringing you people if you keep up your standards like in the past," I told him.

He and I went over a few available dates in the month of June of the following year until Caroline and Aiden walked into Mike's office.

"Rosalie! I'm so excited for today! We can finally put some concrete plans together!" she told me, clutching my arm.

"Yes, Caroline, I do hope we can find something you like today," I nodded.

She looked over my shoulder. "Is that a catalog of the halls?" she asked, looking at the book Mike and I had been rifling through.

"Yes," I said, as she pushed past me and over to the table, where Mike was standing, adjusting his tie and smiling at her, nervously.