CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

Truly Splitsville

Truly Splitsville

Aiden Carlisle and Caroline Baxter are no more!

When the engagement was self-made billionaire Aiden Carlisle, and pageant winner, Caroline Baxter was announced earlier this year, it was expected to be the wedding of the century.

In a dramatic turn of events, the couple seem to have called it quits.

In an exclusive interview with Aiden Carlisle, himself, he confirmed that the earlier rumours are indeed true and he and his fiancée – or should we say ex-fiancée – are no longer together.

Carlisle, however, did not disclose the reasons behind the split, nor the whereabouts of Caroline Baxter in this instance, but he has confirmed beyond reasonable doubt, that the couple's highly anticipated wedding, will not happen.

What does this mean for the young pair?

"Are you sleeping?!"

Jenna's voice pierced through any dreams that I could have possibly been having and I sat up so fast that I got whiplash.

"I awake," I said, quickly, defensively.

She sat on the edge of my desk and smirked at me.

I lifted my eyes too look at her and just dropped my head back on to my desk.

"Why do you look so cocky?" I asked her, my voice echoing in the cocoon that I had made with my arms.

"Oh, nothing," Jenna said, in a singing voice. I could practically picture her tossing her hair over her shoulder. And I knew it definitely wasn't nothing so, I rolled my eyes even though she couldn't see me and waited for her to offer me an explanation. "I just thought you'd like to know that I figured it out."

"Figured what out?" I asked, almost bored.

I heard a scuffling noise, but I didn't raise my head.

"I figured out who your lover boy is," Jenna sang.

I raised my head, confused. "Are you talking about Ian?" I asked. Jenna would never refer to Ian as lover boy, though.

She shook her head. "God, I don't care about that idiot. You know how much I hate him. I'm not talking about him."

"Then, who are you talking about?" I asked, genuinely confused.

Jenna smirked and raised an eyebrow at me. "A certain billion-dollar lover boy," she amended, looking extremely happy with herself.

My heart began to race at the thought of Aiden, but I gave her a questioning look.

Jenna's smirk deepened. "Aiden."