Chapter 7

Earth-38, National City, Kara's apartment

It was 5 am and Barry woke up from that dream that makes him cry, he remembers everything, team flash blaming him for Iris death, Iris saying it was his fault, Joe sad about Iris, and he thought it was real, he felt it was real, but it was just a dream he was on Kara's couch he finally decided to stand up and get something to drink, he was trying to process what just happened

As for Kara, she woke up five minutes later, she felt terrified about everything, it felt real, she was thinking and processing everything, she had tears on her eyes. She finally cleaned herself and went for a glass of water.

But both Barry and Kara were thinking about something really serious, should they hang on the cape/suit?

Seconds later Kara opened the door so she could get some water, she had still tears on her eyes when she arrived at the kitchen she didn't expect to see Barry there, he was thinking and drinking a glass of water that he didn't notice Kara until Kara started speaking.

"Barry are you ok?"

After hearing that Barry broke his thoughts to see Kara standing there with an empty cup of glass

"Yeah, sorry I just had a nightmare nothing too important."

"Looks like I'm not the only one getting nightmares." She said with a weak smile

"Yeah, are you ok? about the nightmare?"

"Actually no... it was really scary, I felt losing my friends and family it was horrible" she let tears fall when Barry saw that he hug her to relax her.

"Don't worry I'm here if you want to talk about it I'm here... But I really want to talk to you about my nightmare, It was also too scary and it felt so real. I just want to talk to someone about that, because I think I... I think I don't want to be the Flash anymore..."

With those words Kara look at him with a shocked expression, she couldn't believe what she just heard, so both heroes went to the couch to talk about why Barry wants to hang the suit way too early, but deep inside she was thinking the same.

"Ok... why you don't want to be the Flash anymore?"

"It's something about the nightmare... It was the day were... Iris was murdered, everyone was... everyone was telling me it was my fault... and they were right I wasn't fast enough to save her, I let Savitar out thanks to Flashpoint... and they kept telling me it was my fault... it felt so real."

Kara just gave him a hug it last for a long time until Kara finally said something

"Look... I know how hurt you are, I also had a terrible nightmare, it was about Mon-El and everything that happened that day but it ended the worst way it could have... But I will not hang the cape just for that... I need to show hope to everyone, just like you told me, I need to be happy so that everyone can see me and think that they can do what they want."

"I know... but sometimes it is really difficult... I just want to be faster so no one can suffer what I suffered what Iris suffered..."

"Barry sometimes Rao can do somethings that can hurt like hell... but he made things for a better cause... I mean look at us we both suffer something that we will never forget, and sadly thanks to these things we will know next time what to do and how we can react. Don't do wrong decisions just because of some... do the decisions that can help more... I made that decision and look... National City is saved... but..." Kara took a second so she could help his friend no matter if she had to lie that she is okay "But I lost a great person just like you... But I work every day harder and harder so Mon-El wherever he is could be proud of me."

"Damn... You give really good speeches" He said looking a little happy

"I learn it from the best," She said winking an eye to Barry

"Hmmm, who could it be," He said in a funny tone

"Look, Barry, you and I will get through this..." She said holding Barry's hand

"Together," he said

"El Mayarah"

"The what?"

"El Mayarah, that means stronger together"

"Ohhh... you need to show me those Kryptonian quotes or phrases or whatever"

She chuckled and said, "Of course,"

After a couple of minutes in silence, Barry finally spoke "Thank you, Kara"

"For what?"

"For everything... for letting me stay at your apartment after you spend a lot of difficult problems, for helping me with these problems with Iris and for giving me hope."

"Barry you know that I will always try to help you no matter what, that's why we are superfriends, and don't forget that you also helped me, these past few years and literally right now. I was really sad about what had happened with Mon-El and I was pushing people I care and love away, and then you came and no matter if it was just like 5 hours ago you helped me... and you show me not to push those people away. and that's why I thank you. And I thank Rao that you arrived at this earth accidentally because if that didn't happen I wouldn't have found a great and carrying friend like you Barry."

"I also thank your god... uhhh, Rao? I don't know but I thank him that I accidentally arrived o this earth and I find a great friend... his name is Winn"

"Oh really?!"

"I'm just joking!" he said almost laughing

"Good because if you said that seriously I would have melted your face off!" she said in a serious tone.

"But seriously I'm really happy I arrive to this earth and found you."

"Me too" They stare into each other eyes for quite a while, finally, they decided to watch a series until they both fell asleep, Kara's head was on Barry's shoulder while he had his hand on her shoulder, since that moment both heroes started to have feelings they didn't know about each other...