-Chapter 109-

Day: 153

Days Left: 5327

Lives Saved: 0

A week passed, and Calixte had officially become a member of the household, proving to be useful at the food drop-off by entrancing their opponents, allowing the others to retrieve the packets with ease much to the fire demon's displeasure. Alongside being an invaluable asset to the team, he was surprisingly a natural fit with his other roommates. He was neat and tidy, respectful, and most importantly gave Harmony someone she had a fair chance at beating at board games.

Whilst Corinna spent her daytime at Ivette's on whatever her latest construction project was, Harmony and Calixte stayed at the Land of the Lost. Though at first Harmony concentrated on finding anything to help her retrieve her mask, she was easily distracted by Calixte's piano playing. Together, they worked on finding replacements for the missing keys, or at least suitable substitutes.

Due to the newest addition to the group, Corinna built a dining table and chairs for them to use constructed out of wood and metal Harmony and Calixte found at the Land of the Lost. All of them got to claim their own chair and decorate it in whatever way they wished. Harmony, of course, painted hers green and placed a frog sticker on the back. They were also fortunate enough to find a mattress for Calixte to sleep on and set it up near the fireplace.

*

It was an ordinary day. Like normal, Harmony and Calixte walked Corinna over to Ivette's trading post. Rin, Sumit, and Ivette greeted them, now accustomed to Calixte's presence, no longer cautious but still confused by his sudden friendship with the two young women.

To repay his debt and the damages he had previously inflicted on the store, Calixte had been collecting more objects from the Land of the Lost for Ivette. Whilst he discussed with Ivette on what she was low on stock, Harmony and Corinna chatted with Rin and Sumit.

"So, what project are you working on now?" asked Harmony.

"Well," began Corinna. "I still think that the irrigation system needs-"

"It does not need any more refining," sighed Rin.

"There's always room for improvement-"

"No-"

"Yes-"

"No-"

The two continued as Harmony and Sumit shared a look of amusement.

"Anyway..." Corinna said, knowing that she couldn't win the argument but could win at being the better person by stopping it. "We're going to build them some beds- proper beds. These guys have been sleeping on just pillows and blankets."

"I like to make them into a fort," said Sumit, then he gasped, his eyes brightening. "Could we have hammocks? No! Bunk-beds!"

Rin rolled her eyes and groaned.

"Just 'cause you won't be able to reach the top bunk-"

They all went silent. There was a bright light shining in the room. Initially, they thought it was Calixte using the orb on his antennae, but it wasn't him.

It was Ivette.

The back of her neck glowed in a warm white light. She was motionless, her eyes wide and still processing it all. Her quivering hand reached up and touched the back of her neck, feeling the gentle warmth of the light.

"Ivette..." Sumit stepped closer to the old trader, a soft smile appearing on his face.

"What's going on?" asked Corinna, glancing at everyone.