Chapter 2

Here's the next chapter!!! Enjoy~<3

***

   "We are now thirty minutes right outside of Seoul. Stay in your seats and please buckle up your seat belts. Thank you for riding with Korean Airlines."

   The sound jolts you awake. You're at full attention as you look around the plane. Once you realize there's no danger, you settle back into your seat. You change the song to your favorite BTS song and close your eyes.

   Your mind immediately wanders to the topic of soulmates. When would you find yours? Will you ever find yours? Your ex best friend had found theirs their junior year of college. They were twenty-one, and now you were both 23. You guess that you still have a long way to go. But would they even want you? A cheetah hybrid?

   "We're now landing in Seoul, South Korea. The time is currently 2:31 AM. Thank you for riding with Korean Airlines and please enjoy your stay."

   Excitement bubbles up inside your chest. You were finally here! You had already sold your old apartment back in Texas and had bought a small one bedroom apartment smack dab in the middle of Seoul. You had already applied for a job at a small technology store which was right across the street from your apartment and you had the job interview during the weekend. 

   Once you exited the plane and collected all of your luggage (which was not much), you made your way outside towards the taxi whom was awaiting you.

   The driver helped you with the bags and you climbed in the backseat, waiting for him to come back. Once he had, you showed him the address and you were on your way. The drive was about thirty minutes, so you opted to pull out your phone and reviewing some of the Korean language, as it had been quite awhile since you had taken the class. Sometime during that time, you had drifted off to sleep.

***

   "Ma'am!"

   "Hello?"

   You felt someone shake you awake. You're met with the taxi driver staring at you with curious eyes.

   "W-What happened?"

   "We have arrived at your destination."

   "Oh, thank you, sir."

   You tilt your head in thanks and silently pay him his required amount. Hopping out of the taxi and waving towards the driver one last time, you make your way to the front desk and receive your keys.

   Once you're finally inside of your designated apartment (which was fully furnished), you took off your hat and released your ears and tail. Your fangs grow out ever so more sharper and you let out a deep yawn. It had been an eventful day for you and you were just ready to crash.

   You made your way to the bedroom and pulled out your plushies. Not bothering to change, you climb into the queen sized bed and cuddled your mini-me and Cooky plushies to your chest. You let Chimmy and Tata lay on your other side while the others were on your couch in the living room.

   A single tear travels down your face. If only you hadn't told the entire state of Texas about your hidden identity. Right then, you could have been partying at the after-graduation party with your best friend.

   More tears flow down when you think of their face. They had always been there for you before, but why weren't they then? They knew what had happened to your parents, just not that the reason they were killed was because of them being hybrids. They always knew that there was something you weren't telling them but never pushed you because, hey, that's what best friends are for, right?

   Wrong.

   With the heavy topic of your previous life flashing through your mind, you fall into a deep slumber.

***

   It had been a few days since you'd arrived in Seoul. You had gotten the job at the tech store and they mostly allowed to do all of your work from home, which allowed for your ears and tail to be out freely; something in which wasn't prohibited back at the university. Every once and awhile, you'd change into your full cheetah form and race around the house, chasing balls from a tennis ball thrower you had bought yourself. You were still quite bored, but you couldn't do anything about that, could you?

   Your neighbors were absolute nuisances. They had no respect for the people around them and blasted their music all the time. Once, you attempted to ask them to turn it down, but they slammed the door in your face. 

   It was actually quite bad for you, however. Cats in general have very sensitive hearing, so sounds of the heavy bass flowing down hallway and through the crack in the doorway was not something that a cheetah hybrid like yourself would want to hear 24/7. 

   One time you tried to match them by playing your BTS playlist at full blast and singing ratchet, out-of-tune notes as loud as you could. They only brought out more speakers and drowned out your beautiful songs.

   And you were bopping to Mic Drop, too.

   What a shame.

   Currently, you were chilling on your couch reading a book on your tablet. The girl was about to kiss the main character when, suddenly, an ad popped up on the screen. You groan in annoyance and place your tablet face-down on the couch. Usually when ads pop up you count the seconds in your mind. However, this time you don't.

   This time, you finally listened to whatever the boring MC had to say:

   "In about five hours, tickets for BTS's fan meeting, which will be in about a month, will go live. All fans, this is a first come first serve type of event. You'll have to get your tickets fast. There will only be about two-hundred tickets, so be ready, ARMY! Who wouldn't want to miss out on this glorious opportunity? Tickets will be the cheap price of 399.99. I'll repeat, 399.99. Happy spending! Good luck!"

   And at that moment, you thought, "Maybe being a cheetah with lightning-fast speed isn't so bad after all."