Behind the Gargoyle

Nico's POV

Tch... the wizards are suspicious of me... again. Dancing around my secrets in a suspicious world is frustrating. But at least I had a good Valentine's Day.

And even better, because maybe... just maybe I could finally get the Elder Wand and Invisibility Cloak tonight.

It had been about a week and a half since Valentine's Day, before I finally cracked the password to Dumbledore's office. Shouting every sweet every night proved useful as we cracked the password to be 'Fizzing Whizzbees'.

Finally after a week and a half where many events have occurred since then, and worried me about the wizarding world.

After that confrontation with Harry, they actually relayed the news to Dumbledore who I was informed gave a serene expression and said it would be taken into account but not to be worried about.

"But I don't know what he thought about it," Harry told me.

Since nothing happened on that side as of yet, then thank Gods because I don't want any more attention from Dumbledore.

As for the Ministry aka Toad, she has become slightly more smug than usual, with even more detentions and actually fired a teacher, making such a scene!

It was funny at that moment, when Dumbledore turned the tables and found a new teacher instead of Toad herself, which turned out to be a centaur, a half breed that Toad despised so much. Her face was so priceless then.

There was also another instance which actually happened this morning, when many letters arrived for Harry, a confrontation with Toad and ending with her mad and an Educational Decree that banned having the Quibbler.

But as everyone knew, what you can't have, you must have.

So, people all over school read the Quibbler, which had a piece of Harry's interview and turned the tides for the students to be more in favor of the Voldemort theory. That must really enraged Toad, but even so... even when things were not going for the Ministry, Toad had that same smug smirk hanging around her.

It gave me ominous vibes, so I was glad for the good luck tonight of the gargoyle finally letting us through so we could finish our job before any omens come true.

"OK... the plan is absolutely simple. First, get the Elder Wand, then Invisibility Cloak. Leo or Calypso could do that, but only after we retrieve the Elder Wand because if we failed to get the Elder Wand, but got the Invisibilty Cloak, Harry would know it's missing and might lead us to be the culprits. Anyway, if all succeeds, we jump on Festus, soar to the last of the Horcruxes, kill Voldemort, tie any loose strings with the wizarding world because Gods know that I cannot leave this place in disarray and earn Hecate's wrath, and finally we can all go back home. Sound good?" I whispered, as to make sure that no one caught us early in the game.

Everyone nodded.

"Leo, Calypso, you stay watch and if anyone is going up to Dumbledore's office for who knows what reason, send us a signal. Like... Leo, set a small fire on my left shoe for a few seconds so we know that we gotta get out of there quick," I said.

"What?" Will said, looking at me.

"I couldn't think of a better signal that was fast enough," I said.

"But that signal is dumb, Angel," Will said., "Why don't we just do a quick IM?" 

"Not instant enough," I rejected immediately, "And there's no way I'm risking any of Leo's inventions to signal in case they make a ruckus and wake up the whole school."

"How about Hazel? She could-" Will said, but I interrupted quickly.

"Out of all of us, Hazel is the most versatile in magic, so can detect any magical traps for intruders in Dumbledore's office, and also, I need her to cast a good Disillusionment Charm on us. Better invisible when stealing."