Do What I'm Supposed To

Harry's POV

"What are we going to do?" I asked after all the events caught up to me.

Surprise was a complete understatement, because who knew that just a simple summon to office for both me and Nico led to something as absurd as Umbridge asking the questions of Dumbledore and Sirius to finding out about Nico's strange Dark Arts and finally accusing Dumbledore of birthing a new Dark Lord. It was completely absurd that I don't even know what to think of it.

When I asked that question, Nico's eyes darkened before looking at me as if contemplating something and then asked, "This happening, what would happen after, I rather we keep it a secret. Just in case."

I don't know what 'just in case', but I decided to nod along, more curious about what he was about to do.

Nico approached Umbridge, pointing his wand at her before looking at me.

"You see, I'm curious about what Toad knows. How she found out about me. What would lead her to do the absurdity of attacking us. I think there's something deeper that's making her do this. What if..." Nico said, before he kept his silence again and seeming to rack his brains.

I just looked on, amazed and surprised at the way Nico was reacting. I agree however that Umbridge has been acting weird and there must be some other reason than her going loco.

"Here's what I'm going to do," Nico said, "I'm going to rouse her up, and then I will... try to break into her mind to see her memories that might lead her to do this. Afterwards I will erase her memories of all this happening, and oh yeah, we have to fix up the office." He gestured to the messed up office as he looked at me, seeing what I think of this plan.

I weighed the pros and cons, before asking, "Break into her mind?"

"Don't you remember the time you had to meet up with Snape because of Voldemort into your mind? You were suppose to learn how to block them out so Voldemort won't invade into your mind. But how would Snape be able to invade into your mind to teach you to block him out when he's not connected to your mind?"

I gave a blank look, but Nico got the point.

Nico answered immediately, "By Legilimency, an art where you could read ones thoughts from the mind."

"So, like mind-reading?" I asked.

Nico shrugged, "That's a naive term for it, because a mind is not a book to be read leisurely but more an impenetrable fortress where one stores treasures that is your memories. And Legilimens are those people who can invade minds."

I opened my mouth in surprise. How did Nico know all this? Nico always kept getting more mysterious by the second.

"So you are a Legilimens?" I asked. Nico shook his head.

"But it's the only way I can think of to get the bottom of this. There's no other way."

I racked my brain, thinking of ways that we could know why Umbridge went berserk the way she did, and couldn't come up with anything.

"Go ahead," I said, fully trusting Nico with this. Before, when he first arrived, I would never believe that I would fully trust him, but through his actions although slightly shifty proved that all in all he was a good guy. Especially after that Voldemort soul thing.

Nico pointed his wand to Umbridge as a spell shot at her. It surprised me that he was able to cast spells without uttering the chant, just like Dumbledore. Then again, he surprises me too much, just like swinging a sword at Umbridge. What was he thinking?

Also, where did he get that sword?

But my thoughts were cut to a close as I kept watching Nico and Umbridge.