The Last Horcrux

"What did you do to him?!" I shouted to Voldemort who simply curled up his lips at my defiance.

"I am simply using him for the greater good. He refused at first, but," Voldemort shrugged, "I have my ways."

"Angel... Nico," I said, incensed that this was happening. I wanted Nico to snap out of it, to just smile kindly at me and hugged me as if this was not happening.

Sadly, this did not happen...

"You four were also with di Angelo here. I wonder... do you also have his type of power?" Voldemort asked, a hint of curiosity lying underneath his voice.

No one answered. We weren't stupid. Immediately, the plan was to get Nico out of here. How to snap him out of it, at least we have our resident magical expert, Hazel.

Nico... we will save you.

And as one, we all sprang toward Nico and Voldemort.

Immediately afterwards, Voldemort lazily flicked his wand towards us as Nico's eyes darkened and the earth cracked to reveal skeletons.

Skeletons that were coming after us.

I groaned, worried for Nico. There were limits to his powers and if Voldemort breached those limits...

Leo immediately revved up a different machine as he shot at the skeletons, crumbling them to dust. We still fought, but it got worse as suddenly hooded people, the Death Eaters not Dementors suddenly appeared, trying to fight us.

I groaned again. I have no time for this. I glared at Voldemort, who was the cause of all this. I saw in Nico's eyes that he was still fighting for control of his own body, but it seemed Voldemort had a tight grip and wasn't letting go.

If only Voldemort could die right now, as rightfully should.

But the snake...

The snake...

"Hazel, come with me!" I shouted over to Hazel, still fighting with Death Eaters.

"Yeah?!" She shouted back, as I tried to get near her and she for me until we are back-to-back for each other.

I whispered to her, "We need to get to the snake... kill it and we can finally kill Voldemort. Then, we can get to free Nico."

Hazel's eyes widened a bit although I can't see it and she responded, "Yeah, sure."

"On my signal..." I said, as we dispersed a while and once he had an upper hand...

TWEET!

Plenty of Death Eaters including Voldemort all covered their ears, momentarily distracted all except Nico who was unfazed at how I always used this technique in battles around him.

But he seemed to blink as if momentarily out of stupor and I realized...

"Leo, get Nico. We are outta here!" I shouted.

"Got it!" Leo said, not wasting time and getting Nico. Nico struggled at first, but of course Leo just had to knock him out. I winced. Sorry, Nico, we will compensate you for this.

Afterwards, we ran with Leo dragging Nico and also throwing out Archimedes' spheres which will slow down our enemy's chase. Soon enough, we finally lost them to take a short break, where Nico still hadn't woken up.

"What should we do to break him out of this curse?" Calypso asked, worried for Nico who could possibly wake up anytime soon and go berserk on us.

"Maybe I could give him a kiss and it will break the curse," I joked, but Leo rolled his eyes with a slight smile on his face.