Out of Her Comfort Zone

• Dedicated to Adam Smith

Applejack's POV

Bikini. Rarity had given me a bikini. It was cute, no doubt, but it was also... frilly. Frills on the hips, frills tracing the bikini top... frills. I tried to hide my disappointment, giving a weak smile. "It's great! Thanks so much! It's just... I don't have a pool." I explained to Rarity. She clapped her hands, excited but still ladylike. "Oh, but I do!" She said. My heart immediately stopped. Would I look good in a bikini? Could I act normal around Rarity if I'm feeling self-conscious? Especially in a frilly bikini..."Applejack, darling, you don't seem too excited. Oh no. I shouldn't have made a-" I cut Rarity off, worried.
"No, no, I love it!" Rarity brightened up.
"Good! You are supposed to be the magical honesty pony." Rarity giggled, and I laughed too. She did have a point. I was damn sure that stuff wasn't real. But I had a more important question to ask.
"How did you get my cup size?" I asked. Rarity laughed.
"Hon, I can tell just by looking." She said, making a frame with her hands and staring at my chest. She put down her hands and giggled again. "Don't worry, I didn't do that when you weren't looking." I laughed nervously.

Rarity's POV

Applejack obviously didn't like my bikini, but she has to loosen up very once in a while. It's always all about the apple farm. So I thought if I made something for her that she didn't like and invited her to a pool party, she would probably loosen up for once in her life. The apple farm has turned her into some sort of poor farmer. I'll admit she's cute, but I'm not lesbian. I did once date this woman named Fleur Dis Lee, which was fun. But it was only for her wallet. So, I guess I'm bi? I have no idea, I've really dated people for their money. Maybe it's time to change that. I handed Applejack the bikini and asked her to try it on in the girl's restroom. She unwillingly agreed. I slightly sympathized, but not enough to call the pool party off.

Applejack's POV

I rushed to the girl's bathroom, mighty nervous 'bout how the bikini would look on me, frills and all. Once I got into a stall and made sure it was locked, I quickly put on the bikini. It fit, which was no surprise. I looked at myself in the mirror that was in the stall. I turned around and noticed there were three apples on my butt.
"What the buck?" I whispered. What was Rarity thinking when she made this bikini? I suddenly noticed that the frills looked good on me. They were barely noticeable, luckily. It was... cute, I'll admit it. And though Rarity made it, I still hoped it would get her to fall for me. I left my clothes in the stall and jogged back to Rarity's locker. She looked at me as if she were expecting somethin'.
"So? What do you think? I know this bikini from inside and out, I made it. I want to hear your opinion." Rarity broke the silence.
"Well, it's nice. It looks pretty great on me. I just don't know about the frills." I said, shifting from one foot to the other. Rarity nodded.
"I just wanted to see what's convenient for you. The frills... hm. Can I see something for a second? It may be out of your comfort zone." I nodded at her question. She walked closer to me. My heart beat faster. She came even closer and held my hips. I gulped nervously, wondering if I should lean in. She traced an index finger around my hips and looked at me. She got on her knees and puffed out the frills. "Hm..." Rarity said. She got up and traced the outline of my frills on my bikini top. Our noses were almost touching. "Nope!" She said, stepping away. "I need to make you a new one. The frills don't look as good as I presumed they would. Get your stuff. Let's go back to my house." I jogged back to the girl's bathroom. I changed back into my clothes, my heart racing. Was that a tease? Or an accident? I sighed, and went back to Rarity.