First Date

• Dedicated to Adam Smith

"Wait... we needa talk 'bout this." Applejack said, and I giggled. "Wha's so funny?" She asked. I ran my index finger from her forehead down to her chin.
"Or we could just make out for a little while and then talk about it." I suggested.
"Sounds good with mah!" Applejack said. We leaned in and kissed for a little while, holding hands. I had never felt this way before, only dating people for their money. It was a nice feeling, actually liking them for once. Applejack wasn't packed with money, so I couldn't ask her, which was a great way to fix my... situation. Applejack pulled away and looked into my eyes.
"Rarity... we gotta talk 'bout this." She moved a safe distance away from me so I wouldn't be tempted to kiss her again. "Should we keep this a secret?"
"Yes."
"Should we keep dating?"
"Obvi!"
"Should we tell our parents?"
"No. I thought we were keeping this a secret."
"Yup, I guess so. Should we tell Twily?"
"Hm... no."
"Should we tell Sunset?"
"No."
"That's it." And then we were kissing again. I smiled in between breathing breaks. This was insane.

Applejack's POV

"Soo this is it. Our first date." I said a week later, runnin' a few fingers through my hair nervously. Rarity laughed.
"Darling, don't be nervous. You know I don't care about the way you look anymore. You still owe me a makeover, though." She smiled as I laughed. "We don't have to do it if you don't want to, though."
"Of course I wanna!" I told her, holding her hand across the table. Rarity had chosen the place for our first date, a very posh place, low lighting with a candle in the middle of each table. The menu had a bunch of French food and sushi and fancy crap like that. I didn't mind, though. The food was good. I just wish they had some apples in it.
When the waitress came to take our orders, she saw me and said "Oh look, a filthy little farm girl. May I take your order? It's probably your first time at a Japanese-French fusion restaurant." She narrowed her eyes and laughed. I felt her words stab me in the stomach and I frowned, trying not to cry.
"Excuse me?" Rarity asked in a small but confident voice.
"Ugh. Someone fancy at this table who deserves to be here. What's this farmer doing here? Catching up on some charity work?" The waitress smiled and put a hand on her hip.
"What did you just say to my girlfriend?" Rarity asked in the same voice, standing up. All I did was watch all this with a sigh.
"Oh, she's your girlfriend? Yeesh. Poor you. You probably have to remind her every day to take a shower." Rarity gritted her teeth. The waitress looked at me. "Oh no, did you forget today?" In less than a second, Rarity had slapped the waitress in the face, hard and fast. The waitress held her face, which was now a bright red. "OUT! NOW!" She said, pointing to the door.
"Gladly." Rarity said, taking me by the hand and walking out. Once we got outside Rarity laughed and said "What do you think?" My mouth was still wide open from surprise.
"That was AWESOME!" I said. I threw my arms around her and kissed her. Rarity laughed. "But I get to choose the place our next two dates." Rarity smiled and nodded.
"Definetly."