Perfect Balance

• Dedicated to Adam Smith

You may wonder how Applejack and I go a single day without getting mad at each other or breaking up. It's because we have perfect balance. Neither of us care how we look on a date or what we eat. All we care about is being able to see each other. We are sure to make a date each week, so it doesn't get too suspicious. We're also sure to make the dates as private as possible. If it's a restaurant, we make a reservation in the back room. Nothing bad has happened yet, except for that horrid waitress. But she had the slap coming. For Applejack, I'll do anything. Except for dye my hair green.

The day after our first date

I exited honors math and sighed. It had been a long day since our first date. I put my materials in my locker and walked to the cafeteria. I looked down at my walking feet, smiling. I could believe I was actually with Applejack. I felt myself bump into someone, and I looked up.
"Oh! Applejack!" I was glad to see that she was wearing her hair out with no hat. I thought she looked better that way. I smiled at her. "Nice hair." I said.
"Always a pleasure," she responded. I giggled. It was adorable how she used terms incorrectly. We walked to the cafeteria together, and I tried not to hold her hand as we walked. We walked silently. There wasn't much to say. All had been said without words. I missed her so much.