Ballroom Dancing

Since Leo didn't have a bike, he and Macy compromised on walking.

It shouldn't have been any more than a half hour walk, but the two kept getting distracted in each other.

Macy was always disgusted at couples who were all over each other, so much PDA. Now she sees how hypocritical that is.

For the minute that Leo's hand left hers as he zipped his jacket up, she felt so cold.

It was selfish really. The high he was giving her was more exhilarating than any abandoned house hunt she'd been on.

"I think this is it." Macy said, pulling out the address.

It was much more than any other abandoned house she'd ever been to. It was a mansion.

"Are all your abandoned houses like this?" Leo asked.

"Never." She replied in awe, as she stepped towards it. The street was pitch black, so they were in luck most likely not getting caught.

Normally, she would look for a side door or back door that she could get into. Fortunately, the front door was already jolted open, welcome for anyone to come in.

Macy walked in nervously, thinking someone might have found the spot before they did.

"Hello?" She asked into the darkness.

"That's what gets you killed in horror movies." Leo whispered in her ear. She shushed him in response.

Pulling her backpack out, she remembered she packed a camping lantern. As she turned it on, its power illuminated the entire room.

It wasn't like any other place she'd explored before. It was immense. Large, with what looked to be the original wallpaper on its walls. She carefully led Leo through, winding through a few hallways. It was a large Victorian mansion back in the day. Who knows why no one thought to fix the place up.

Rounding a corner, Macy found an elaborate set of double doors that were shut.

Twisting the knob, she peeked inside. "Jackpot." Macy said, swinging the next door open. The mansion was full of surprises, and this was one neither of the kids were expecting.

"Wow. This is pretty neat, Macy Lane." Leo said, following Macy into the massive room, glass windows surrounding the perimeter.

"Now you see why I can't give it up!" Macy snapped various pictures of the room.

"What do you think this used to be?"

"Maybe a large dining room."

Leo pulled some broken planks off the floor to reveal dusty marble flooring.

Macy snapped a picture as Leo dug through the rubble.

"Hey! Do not photograph me here. I already get in enough trouble as it is."

Macy laughed. "I've literally seen you evade trouble every single time, but to make you happy." Macy showed the camera screen to Leo as she deleted the picture of him crouched in the center of the room.

"In the 1800s, maybe it was a ball room." Macy said, completely enthralled with the atmosphere. Spinning around, admiring all the windows she continued on. "It's almost like you could hear the music."

Leo walked up next to her, lifting her hand.

"What are you doing?" Macy asked, slowly letting down her camera.

"Can't you hear the music?" Leo whispered, pulling her towards him.

Macy giggled, giving into Leo's attempt to dance.

Together, they danced around the ballroom. Or half danced, more tugging each other in different directions still rummaging about the mysterious room.

Dancing with Leo had been beyond easy for Macy, who had never danced with a boy in her life. "You move like James Dean, too.." She chuckled to herself.

"What?" He asked, his eyes searching hers as he pulled her closer.

Embarrassed, Macy bit back her blush. "Nothing. It was noth—"

Leo closed the rest of the gap, mid-sentence, taking her lips into his own once again. She kissed him back, lifting her hands to his face.

His hands couldn't stay still on her body as hers couldn't stay still in his soft hair. Whenever she thought the two couldn't get any more intense, Leo would find a new way to arouse her, and she would always smile into their kiss, never stopping him.

This is definitely not how Macy thought her night would go.

As Leo's hands went up the back of her shirt, her nerves were set even more on end.

"Wait."

"What, what's wrong?"

"I just.. Thought I heard something." Macy said, looking to the dark corners of the room to make sure nothing was lurking.

"I'm sure the ghosts don't care about us.."

Macy glared mockingly at Leo. "They might not, but I do." She pecked him one last time. "Come on, we've been here long enough anyways."

"If you insist, but I was enjoying your hobby."

Macy sauntered off in front of him, leading the way out of the mansion. "I hate to break it to you, but kissing doesn't usually come with the experience. It's usually much more boring," She winked at him, but she swore that she saw something move in the shadows behind him.

She refused to take a closer look, as they were already halfway out the door.

There was no point in looking back.