chapter sixteen

i was packing my stuff for my flight the night before. my hands were shaking the whole time. my excitement and imagination of schlatt got to the best of me.

when i was looking inside my closet, i realized that i needed a drive to the airport so i didn't need to buy a parking space. i texted travis.

y/n: hey, trav! can you take me to the airport on saturday? i'll pay for gas

travis: i can't do it myself but i can ask the others?

y/n: please!

i packed a little more when i was waiting for his response.

travis: cooper can take you, text him the details.

y/n: great, thank you so much!

i took a screenshot of my flight details and sent them to cooper, as well as the time i should be picked up around, which was 7:30 am.

i put down my phone and resumed to pack up my clothes with some chill music in the background.

---

i woke up early in the morning, at first feeling extremely tired but then thrilled with the thought of my boyfriend in new york. the sense of traveling was also fun but today, that sensation felt stronger.

i took a shower, washed my face, brushed my teeth and hair, and changed into some sweatpants, crop top, and an oversized jacket. planes were always freakishly cold.

as i was eating some yogurt with berries, i tweeted out about me going to new york. most of my fans were happy, as they knew schlatt lived there, but i also made them aware that i would be distancing myself away from social media for schlatt. schlatt had also made an announcement close to mine, as well.

jschlatt: streams and youtube videos will be coming to a halt for a week to spend time with y/n. thank you for understanding.

i retweeted it and finished up my food. i decided to clean up my house while i waited for cooper.

after half an hour of me just cleaning and downloading music onto my phone, i got a call from cooper. when i answered, he immediately said to me, "get your ass out here, y/n."

i laughed a little. "okay, give me a second." i ended the call as i put on my sneakers and got my suitcase and backpack. i left the house and made sure it was locked before i went to cooper's car and knocked on his window to open the trunk. he nodded and pressed the button as i went back to put my suitcase away.

as i sat down in the car and put on my seatbelt, cooper started to drive. "so, the airport, huh?"

i smiled and looked at him. "ah, yeah. did you not see the address in the uber app?"

he chuckled and snorted. "you're an ass." he said as he groaned a little. "fuck, i'm so tired. i should've let carson take you."

"you can't put carson through so much torture! he's already driven basically everyone to and from the airport."

"maybe i should've tortured him, though," he muttered. i looked at the road before i plugged my phone into his aux cord and put some music on that i knew he would enjoy.

after much time, we finally got to the drop-off zone of the airport. i hugged cooper. "thank you so much for driving me, coop!" i thanked him gratefully, "just text me how much i should pay you, i'll do it as soon a possible."