chapter twenty-six

i set up my phone against some cushions, listening patiently to the facetime calling music. i wasn't upset about the stream anymore, or at least i hoped, but i was more upset with the fact that schlatt didn't bother to say anything to me about it. it didn't sit well with me.

schlatt answered the call with him looking like he was walking around. "hey, babe. what's up?" i smiled at the nickname but immediately went back to my neutral expression. i couldn't let him change my plans, i knew he would try.

"nothing much, really. what about you? are you busy?" i asked casually, readjusting my position. i hated the small talk but didn't want to seem really upset. we never did this.

he took a bite out of something and smiled. "no, i'm not. i'm just eating a hot pocket," he replied, showing me the food more visibly.

i nodded a little. "how's your packing?"

"it's been going pretty good, i have a couple of boxes done," he showed me how his apartment looked. it didn't look too different, except now there was cardboard everywhere and it looked a little tidier. "do you mind if i send the boxes to you instead?"

i cocked my head to the side slightly. "what about the others? the lunch club's house?"

"yeah, but i've been looking at more places near you."

"so you're gonna stay at my place?"

he stayed quiet for a second. "i mean, if that's okay. there are four guys who live in one place, i don't think it would be convenient if another stayed."

i smiled a little. "that's completely fine! you can stay over," i said with excitement. he smiled back and nodded. during our small second of silence, i remembered again why i called. "so, schlatt. do you have something to tell me?"

he stared at the video of me and ate more. "what do you mean, you called me."

i laughed a little and shook my head. he was acting dumb. i couldn't help but to be a little frustrated. "yes, but do you have anything to tell me. like, did anything happen you'd like to share."

he stayed quiet a little more and shuffled around in his house, going into the restroom. he showed a lavender hairpiece. "right, you left your hairband here." he told me and noticed my expression. "oh, don't give me that look. i've seen you wear it to wash your face and the only other girl that comes to my place is my mom."

i put my hands up defensively. "alright, alright. that is mine. just bring it over when you come." he slapped the camera which made me giggle quietly. "are you sure there's nothing else you'd like to talk to me about?"

he stared at me once again. was he trying to read me or something? i hope he knows what i'm trying to hint at. "unless you show your tits, i'm not interested...?" he quoted himself in a questioning manner.

i nodded and he bit his tongue. "i'm not mad schlatt but i'm disappointed on how you didn't tell me shit about it. why the hell would you try and hide it from me? you knew i was at minx's house, you didn't bother to call me or something? that's what i'm really fucking sour about."

"i understand and i'm really sorry, y/n. i didn't try to hide it from you, i just didn't know when to tell you. i'd never do that to you, it was only a bit with minx. she did explain it better, right?"

"yeah," i simply replied. "and just a quick 'by the way,' i'm not banishing you from you telling those jokes. i get it. it's just... i'd like to know of it or something so i can know you're not actually flirting on some girl."

"i can do that," he said with an empathetic smile. "thank you, y/n. i love you."

"i love you too, luv," i said with a terrible british accent.