chapter twenty-eight

it was a couple of days since the stupid incident i had with jack and my brother kept on checking up on me, bringing me things like cookies or simply calling me. it was very obsessive for him but it felt at least a little comforting. he was the only person who really knew what jack had done. it always made me sick to my stomach.

jack hasn't come back anyway, which was a good thing. i didn't have to be on high alert anymore.

my brother was over once again and we were playing uno together on the floor. i checked the time on my phone. "oh shit!" i exclaimed a little louder than i meant. alexander looked up at me questioningly. "you should probably leave right now."

he smirked. "why, are you having boys over without me knowing?" he teased. i threw my cards at his face.

"in fact, yes. josh is coming over." i helped him up and led him quickly to the door.

"the one with the dark brown... swooped hair?" he made a gesture to show how he thought josh's hair looked. "he's nice, maybe i should stay." wow, how nosey.

i laughed awkwardly. "haha, okay, no." i simply replied. "you go have fun without your beloved sister. goodbye!" he waved me goodbye as he left to go to his car.

i locked my door and went back to the floor to put away the scattered cards and board games we had out. once i had finished, i called josh. i was greeted by him shouted to his mom to quiet down. "josh, what should i get to eat. also, say hi to your mom for me."

"uhh, just get some pizza. i'm not super hungry. and i'm not doing that for you," he replied before talking a little more away from the phone.

"josh, you're so mean. no wonder we don't talk more," i said jokingly, although it could be barely detected.

he gasped dramatically. "okay, that's a new low. i'll see you soon though. bye."

"see ya," i replied before ending the call. i ordered our pizza and resumed to clean up anything else i could.

soon enough, i got a call from josh. "which one is your apartment again?"

"i'm on the ground floor, apartment 56D- here, i'll just come outside." i came out and waved for him. he looked very confused with his phone to his ear. "i'm on your right." he looked to his right and started to come over to me, giving his mom a thumbs up and wave. i shouted out to her, "goodbye, josh's mom!" she gave me a wave and a smile back.

josh immediately punched me on the side of my arm which made me laugh a little. "you're more embarrassing than her, jesus christ!" he yelled at me as we walked together. i punched him back.

"josh, when will you ever learn your manners?" i asked him. he only replied with a shrug. i locked the door to my house before noticing what hoodie josh was wearing. "nice hoodie, by the way."

he quickly looked down at what he was wearing. "oh my god, for a second i thought i had the annoying orange hoodie on," he said with a laugh. "yeah, it's your boyfriend's name, why wouldn't you be happy about that?"

i shorted quietly. "maybe the annoying orange hoodie would be better." he only glared at me. "anyways, what made you realize that today was the day that you would come over?"

"i kinda needed to get away from my psychotic family for a little, y'know?"

i smiled a little and quoted his streams. "'why are you throwing waffles at me- give me a break, mom!! knock it off mom i'm playing minecraft!!'" he glared at me once again but chuckled. "it's indeed a very psychotic family. definitely not just you yelling at them constantly."