chapter twenty-three

schlatt and i entered the small apartment and put our bags into his bedroom, then sitting down on the bed. were we full of energy yet tired at the same time. as much as we wanted to chill, tomorrow was the day i was going back to california so i wanted us to actually do something.

i climbed in his arms that was holding his phone and hugged him with my legs around him. he gave me a little kiss on my cheek and resumed to go on twitter, leaning on my shoulder. i stayed in his embrace before speaking. "can we go out for dinner soon?"

i could hear him typing on his phone. "sure, what do you want to eat?"

"maybe some ramen? i saw somewhere that they have some really good ramen."

he hummed quietly and nodded. "i know a place, we can go right now."

i hugged him a little tighter, "in a minute, i wanna stay like this a little longer," i muttered as i nuzzled my face into his neck a little. he laughed quietly.

"damn, if you keep on acting like this, i might need to act up," he joked. i laughed and got off of him. "hey, what're you doing! i liked the hug."

i crossed my arms and shook my head. "you ruined it, let's just get that ramen," i simply replied, starting to get myself a coat.

schlatt chuckled and walked over to me to hug me from behind me. "are you mad now? i was only joking."

i twisted myself around to face him and pouted. "i know you were joking but don't say that shit when i'm innocently hugging you. it's a little weird," i reasoned with him. he understood and we started to go to the shop.

once we had gotten inside, the delicious aroma hit us. "god, it smells so good," i whispered to him. he only smiled as we were led to our table. we ordered some green teas. "have you been here before?"

he nodded as he sipped his tea. "yeah, probably the best that i've had in new york," he replied with cheer, "there's some bubble tea place next door we can go to after, as well."

i stayed silent as i tried to process what he said. "bubble tea? like, the tapioca balls in tea?"i asked, puzzled. he slowly nodded his head. "oh. we call that boba in california."

he rolled his eyes. "you and your different language in california, christ almighty."

"at least we don't call our state cali. i'd rather puke," i said with a sigh. "we're just the superior state, you can't say anything."

"ah, yes. i love the hollywood dramas, drug addicts, and the homeless problem. california is great!" he exclaimed with sarcasm.

it was my turn to roll my eyes. "i've seen rats fight over a pizza in a subway, you can't say anything about it," i said before thinking a moment, then adding on. "new york is just about fucked up as california is."

"so they're equal on your ranking?"

"no. california still better. everyone loves us." he smiled at my stubbornness as i took a sip of my tea.

we stayed quiet for a second before schlatt laughed to himself before speaking. "ranking the usa states with y/n. coming in at number one we have california because of how she really fucking likes it for some reason! and for number fifty, we have wyoming because who the fuck goes to wyoming!" i laughed hard at his weird monologue.

"i mean, you're not wrong, 'joe rogan' schlatt."

---

i smiled happily as we walked hand in hand with our boba drinks in our other hands. we were walking to the park nearby. i swung our hands as i pointed out things i found fascinating which schlatt just laughed at. "you spoil all my fun, schlatt," i huffed quietly.