Preparations

Lana entered the corridor once again to meet Tulip and discuss the preparations for breaking into the library.

"Welcome back, Lana Riviera. Is Barnaby Lee on our side?" she greeted the brunette.

"He made me beat him in a duel, the we went to Hogsmeade and talked over a few butterbeers. He said he'd help if we needed him." Lana told the Ravenclaw girl.

"Excellent. We're going to need all the help we can get." Tulip continued, "We need to lure Madam Prince out of the library, find the vault in the in the Restricted Section, and make sure Merula doesn't interfere."

"And that's before we face whatever's inside the vault..." Lana commented, slightly nervous.

"Hopefully, Barnaby will take care of Merula." Tulip said.

"Oh he will..." Lana dreamily sighed, causing Tulip to look slightly confused, but brushed it off and carried on talking.

"How's your relationship with Madam Pince?" she asked.

"She thinks I'm thoughtful. I'd say she likes me. Sort of." Lana laughed lightly.

"We need to get her out of the library and get into the Restricted Section. Someone will have to create a diversion." Tulip said with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Who do you think will be best at getting rid of Pince?" she asked.

Lana thought for a minute, trying to think which one of her friends would be best suited to the job.
"Rowan is the best at anything to do with books. She'll use her knowledge to get Madam Pince away from her desk." she replied thoughtfully.

"Everyone else can keep watch for the professors and, and warn us if they're coming our way."
"Perfect." Tulip replied, "Get ready to enter the next vault while I make my final preparations..."

***********************************************************************

Lana was on her way to the Training Grounds to meet Rowan and practice spells to help with the vaults, when she bumped into a certain Slytherin.

"Oh! Hi, Barnaby!" she excitedly greeted him.

"Hey, Lana! Where you going?" he wondered.

"I'm off to the Training Grounds to meet Rowan so we can practice some spells to help us with the next vault." she told him with a smile.

"Oh yeah! When's that happening again?" he asked, tilting his head in confusion, making Lana giggle.
"We're not sure - once we decide on a day and time I'll let you know, don't worry. It won't be that much longer, so be ready!" she chuckled lightly, "Anyway, I can't keep Rowan waiting any longer, so I'll see you soon?" she asked hopefully.

"Of course you will, Curse-Breaker. We're partners now, remember?" he replied with a wink, walking off and making Lana giggle as she carried on to meet Rowan.

***********************************************************************

"Hey, Rowan! Sorry I'm a bit late, I got caught up with some...work." she laughed a little awkwardly.

"Ok..." Rowan replied, a little confused, "It's ok, I'm a little distracted myself..."

"Why, what's up?"

"Boggarts are everywhere, Lana. Students are afraid to even leave their dormitories." she told the girl.

"I know." she replied, "I need you to distract Madam Pince, so we can sneak into the Restricted Section and find the next vault."

"I'll work out a way to get rid of her." she replied with a smile.

"Will you help me practise my spells? I want to be ready for whatever's inside that vault." Lana asked her friend.

"Of course! I'll test out some of the new wand techniques I've read about!" she replied excitedly.

The two girls trained together, firing spells at the test dummies to strengthen their abilities in preparation for the next vault.

"All your studying has paid off, Rowan. You're almost as powerful as you are smart!" Lana joked.

"I learned from the best, Lana. Actually, Dumbledore is the best, but you helped!" she replied.

"Well I definitely made the right choice when I picked you to come with us." Lana smiled.

"Just let me know when you're ready to enter the next vault. We need to break this curse..."

next one is up!
in the next chapter, I'm gonna do a quick library scene before they enter the next vault
that's pretty much it so thanks for reading! :)
byeee <3