Forbidden Forest pt.2

Tulip had asked Lana to meet her later in her brother's room. She claimed she'd found something, and needed her help.

Lana made her way over to Jacob's room to meet Tulip, but when she opened the door, there was someone there that she didn't expect to see.

"Hello, Riviera." Merula smirked.

"What is she doing here?" Lana demanded, taking out her wand.

"Don't be alarmed, Lana Riviera. I distrust Merula as much as you, but we have to be logical about this..." Tulip started, "I can't find a specific drawing of your brother's, and Merula has spent more time digging around this room than anyone. Are you upset, Lana Riviera?"

"Of course I'm upset!" Lana said, "You brought my worst enemy into my brother's room after everything we went through to get her key in the first place."

"I rarely see you this angry, Riviera..." Merula said, genuinely shocked, "I like it."

"I'm sorry, but you have to remove emotion from the equation, Lana Riviera. If Merula can help us find the drawing, we can find the Cursed Vault, and you can find your brother." Tulip told her calmly.

Lana sighed in defeat. "I suppose you're right, but I still don't like it...especially now that I know Madam Rakepick ordered Merula to help me find the next vault."

"Well, let's have a look. I promise to respect your brother's memory. Sorry, respect his belongings. I didn't mean to make it sound like he's been dead all this time..."

"We'll need to make sure we see behind everything..." Lana said, taking out her wand again.

"Lumos!" a night light emitted from her wand, "Much better. Now, let's find that drawing..."

The three girls searched for that drawing for a good while, Lana not trusting Merula one bit, but this was for Jacob, so she had no choice.

Lana found it after a while, and Tulip was over the moon.

"Yes! Brilliant searching, Lana! I guess we never needed Merula all along!" she grinned.

"I searched harder than both of you combined. Riviera just got lucky like always." Merula commented.

"This drawing is a closer examination of the grove we pinpointed as your ideal entry point to the Forbidden Forest." Tulip said.

"So what?" Lana asked curiously.

"So, look at this structure just beyond the grove...the only reason I know of for a structure like that in the Forbidden Forest is a Centaur Camp." Tulip continued.

"You think my brother saw a connection between the Centaurs, and this grove?" Lana asked.

"I do. I think you should search deeper into the forest next time, while making your way closer to that camp." Tulip told the Gryffindor, "The question is, who will you bring with you?"

"I think Penny would be helpful. She's kind, and maybe she could help to reason with the Centaurs if they get too riled up..." Lana wondered, "We'd better get going. If my brother got mixed up with Centaurs, he might need our help..."

************************************************************************

Lana met Penny, and they flew together to the forest. They arrived at the grove, and started looking for the camp.

"This is the grove we searched last time..." Lana told her.

"We can't just fly into the middle of a Centaur Camp uninvited, so we'll have to walk from here..." Penny added.