Forbidden Forest pt.3

After making up with Barnaby, Lana was determined to enter the forest for hopefully the last time, and finally find that arrowhead.

Lana flew into the forest, as she was going to meet Charlie and Ismelda there. She was holding Sickleworth, but he wriggled out of her grasp when they were over the forest!

She saw the familiar ginger hair, and hurried over to him.

"Where's the Niffler?!" Lana asked.

"I thought you were holding him?" Charlie wondered.

"I was, but he squirmed out of my arms when we were about to land..." Lana replied worriedly.

"Merula was right, Riviera. You are an idiot." Ismelda smirked.

"Let's see red sparks are shiny enough to bring him back..." Lana started, pulling out her wand and casting Vermillious.

Nothing...

"No sign of the Niffler..." Charlie stated.

"Hopefully, he'll turn up with the arrowhead. In the meantime, let's search for it ourselves..."

The three students searched for about half an hour, trying to find the arrowhead. Lana almost forgot how scary it was in there, she felt paranoid and unsafe, and she wished that she had Barnaby with her...

"No arrowhead..." she announced.

"And still no sign of the Niffler." Charlie worried.

"I'm guessing he saw something glittery in the forest and ran for it..." Lana wondered.

"His tracks lead toward that hole. Let's check it out..." Charlie said, noticing some tiny footprints.

They headed towards the hole, hoping that Sickleworth would be there. Sure enough, he was scurrying about in the hole, rummaging through different bits and pieces.

"What is this place?" Lana asked to no one in particular.

"I don't know." Charlie replied, "I don't think I want to know..."

"If I knew we were coming to a place like this, I wouldn't have needed so much convincing..." Ismelda said, surprisingly happily.

"Look at him go!" Lana said, gesturing to the little Niffler.

"Hopefully, he finds that arrowhead soon. We should leave this hole as soon as possible..." Charlie worried again.

"I agree." Lana said, "Let's help him search so it goes faster..." she added.

After a little while of searching, no progress was made.

"I didn't find anything." Lana said, "Although, to be honest, I refuse to touch half of this stuff 'cause it's covered in blood!" she added, cringing.

"It looks like the Niffler found something!" Charlie exclaimed.

Sickleworth held up something shiny, but it wasn't what they wanted.

"You're supposed to be looking for a jewelled..." Lana told the creature.

He made some noises in protest, so Lana gave in.

"Fine, I guess you can keep it."

All of a sudden, a weird creature appeared holding what looked like a club in its hands.

"Mine! Mine! Mine!" it said angrily.

Lana jumped, "What is that thing?!" she said, frightened.

"A Red Cap. This must be its hole..." Charlie told her.