Someone Finds Out...

The next day, Lana had arranged to meet Tulip and Bill in The Three Broomsticks. She wanted to see how much progress Tulip had made in deciphering the map.

"Hey, Tulip. Did you figure out exactly where the next Cursed Vault is from the Forbidden Forest map?" the Gryffindor asked.

"It too, a bit longer than I expected, but I've narrowed it down to a single grove." she answered, "I can't be certain that it's the location of the Cursed Vault, but I'm certain it's where we should start..."

"We should come up with a plan for what to do next..." Lana thought carefully.

"Right." Bill said, "Even if we sneak inside, the Forbidden Forest is full of dangerous creatures, and it's easy to get lost."

"Didn't you say you sneaked into the forest with Charlie?" Lana wondered.

"I did, but only because he got it in his head that he could catch a dragon in there, and I didn't want him to go alone. We got lost, and if it weren't for his tracking skills, we would've either starved or been eaten by something. Let me send him an owl, and have him meet us here." Bill suggested, "Let's drink butterbeer until Charlie arrives, and he'll tell us the best way to survive the forest."

"And let's make sure we don't run out of butterbeer whilst we wait..." Lana laughed, whilst enlarging everyone's butterbeers with Engorgio.

"Brilliant!" Tulip exclaimed.

"We should wait for my brother at The Three Broomsticks more often!" Bill laughed.

About 20 minutes later, Charlie arrived.

"I see you've been enjoying butterbeers without me!" Charlie laughed.

"Thanks for coming, Charlie. We could really use your advice on how to get in and out of the Forbidden Forest." Lana smiled.

"Getting out is easy, but I don't know how anyone could sneak in with the teachers watching..." Charlie wondered.

"Professor Kettleburn said he used to fly in with students. To be fair, he also mentioned losing a limb that way..."

"That could work if you're a good flier, but the forest is dangerous. That's coming from someone who goes in searching for dragons..." Charlie started, "I'd practise flying, and get more comfortable casting Vermillious and Ferula. Those spells might save your life. Let me know when you're ready, and I'll fly in with you to be sure you make it out safely." he finished, smiling.

"Thank you, Charlie." Lana smiled back.

"Wait until you see what it's like inside the Forbidden Forest. You might not be so quick to thank me..."

***********************************************************************

In Flying Class a few hours later, Penny rushed over to Lana.

"Hey, Lana. How was your secret meeting with Madam Rakepick?"

"You knew about that?" Lana asked, surprised.

"I told you when we first met that I know everything that happens at Hogwarts. Besides, Madam Rakepick invited me too." Penny answered.

"Why didn't you go?" Lana asked.

"I'm more potion-maker than Curse-Breaker. I'm already experimenting with a new brew that prevents sleepwalking."

"That's so cool!" Lana smiled, "I just want to find the Cursed Vault with or without Madam Rakepick. I have to get better in a broom until I'm good enough to fly into the Forbidden Forest with Charlie."